Ok, So also need to replace the bottom bracket

Kerrmit1992
Kerrmit1992 Posts: 275
edited February 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Right,

I'm getting a lot of grinding coming from the bottom bracket of my Talon 3. I need to know what kind of Crank Extractor/Puller to buy.

I've been looking at the park tools model - http://www.parktool.com/product/crank-p ... nks-ccp-22

Does anyone know if it's the square taper one I need?

Thanks Guys.
Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what do you have fitted to your bike?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Everything so far is just the standard stuff that it came with at the minute :-)
    Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    And what is standard?

You haven't even said what year it is! try finding the specs for your year (save us doing it for you)...or post a pic and we'l point you where to go from that.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • It's a shimano M361 crankset and a shimano octalink bottom bracket :-)

It's a 2011 talon 3
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so you need a Octalink (splined) Crank tool

so if you read the info on the link provided you would have seen the answer
    NOTE: For cranks using the ISIS Drive or Octalink system, use the CCP-44 or the CWP-7
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • haha, I apologize, Thanks.