Shoes. (Nike/Adidas)

wellbeloved747
wellbeloved747 Posts: 406
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
I am after some new cycling shoes and a lot of my every day and sport shoes are Adidas and Nike as they fit well. so i am looking for some Nike or Adidas cycling shoes. i know they exist because i have seen Adidas shoes on eBay and last year Cavendish wore Nike shoes. Also Adidas produce all of the cycling kit supposedly so where the heck can you but this stuff from???

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Spudboy
    Spudboy Posts: 101
    Nike stopped making shoes for the public a few years back and now just produce a few pairs for sponsored pro riders I believe. Not too sure about Adidas though.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Based on your sig block have you considered Specialized shoes?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Adidas cycling kit was made under licence by Mavic - the deal has since expired. Nike cycling kit was a licensing deal with Trek - not sure they're brought into UK. Cav's shoes were custom, not available commercially AFAIK. Either way, the sizing of bike shoes bears little comparison to their other sports shoes - I'd simply try some different makes and go for the ones that fit best.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Thanks for you help. shame easily as they cold pull of some awesome shoes
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Have you seen the Rapha pro team tour disco slippers?
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Can't take these 'big names' shoes seriously personally. if you want bling, you buy Sidi. But some 'proper' shoes makes such as Giro, Fizik, Bont, Lakeetc. are just as good. The best Nikes were Poggios imo.
  • Je James used to stock nike, I got my shoes from there
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    smidsy wrote:
    Based on your sig block have you considered Specialized shoes?

Based on that sig block I would say it makes perfect sense that he wants shoes based solely on the name/stripes on the side rather than because of how good they actually are.

I am not being hateful, just making what I consider a fair and realistic observation.