Thompson stem
Havoc carbon bars
Hans damps 2.3 tyres

It is about 32 lbs would love it below 30

Unlimited budget really

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Industry nine trail carbon wheels, Nobby Nic Gatestars, XX1 groupset, Revelation WC's, foam grips...

although tbf, the meta frame is heavy and you may as well start from a better base frame, a yeti SB66c would drop over a pound and probably ride better.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Enve carbon wheelset and some slighter tyres. SRAM X0 carbon cranks. Possibly a lighter cassette depending on what you already have. Lighter, carbon all mountain frame.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    If you've unlimited budget just get a Carbon Blur Lt with a mixture of the above components and throw the Meta in the bin.
  • rockmonkeysc
    EH_Rob wrote:
    throw the Meta in the bin.

Bit harsh. I'm sure he could sell it. It's not a particularly bad frame and about the only Commencal frame I haven't heard of having cracking issues.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Industry nine trail carbon wheels, Nobby Nic Gatestars, XX1 groupset, Revelation WC's, foam grips...

This, although NN Gatestars aren't going to set of the world on fire for weight. Perhaps 2.4" Ralphs.

Enve finishing kit too.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Unlimited budget, definitely new frame, the Meta is an anvil.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob wrote:
    throw the Meta in the bin.

Bit harsh. I'm sure he could sell it. It's not a particularly bad frame and about the only Commencal frame I haven't heard of having cracking issues.

Yeah perhaps I was being flippant. I meant give it to Children in Need instead.
  • coxy17
    coxy17 Posts: 401
    Hi
    Lately I've been doing different riding more all day in saddle and trail center
    And no as much mini dh messing around mainly

So I would like a lighter bike my meta is 33 lbs

I've been looking at a carbon stumpy evo

Think of a build some thing like this

Stumpy frame
    Revalation world cups
    Sixc bars
    Renolds carbon wheels (enve if I can stretch)
    Xx1 drive trail
    Formula ro bikes

Hopeing for a build around 26 lbs
  • lawman
    So what you actually want is a totally different bike? I think the money would be wiser spent learning how to spell tbh...
  • EH_Rob
    Why do you want the build to be much lighter?
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    He said why, he's doing more all day xc and less messing around on miniature DH stuff. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
  • EH_Rob
    Ah yes, missed that when re-reading.

Yep a Stumpy or something would be better suited to something like all day XC and trail.
  • Fellow Meta AM owner with similar designs on reducing the weight on said bike.

I've got an AM2 with the only changes from stock being a Reverb and a Thomson seat collar.
    Pedals from Superstar ULTRA Mags.
    I haven't weighed my Meta for fear of shock, I'm reasonably fit so can pedal up most things but still coming from XC discipline I've found the extra mass sometimes a little too much.

My list of changes could include the following
    SRAM XX Cassette however uber expensive
    Circa 150g Saddle from one of the big brand might save 100g over the standard Saddle
    Considered X0 carbon cranks but the saving over S1000 was only approx. 50g so held off
    Tubeless might save a little but if go bigger tyres probably increase weight
    Stem & handle bar would have to be still strong and might save very little: suggestions?

The biggest out lay will be wheels so I've toyed with the idea to go for something carbon Easton/ENVE/Reynolds/I9
    Desirable weight circa 1400g is that sensible?

Any recommendations on where to get a new wheelset from budget at the moment unlimited. :wink:

Cif

P.S. I think 30lbs all in weight is easialy achievable 29lbs at a push
  • lawman
    Unless you go carbon, a stumpy will be no lighter than the meta.
  • njee20
    And the frame is only 20% of so of the bike's weight, so what you hang on it is more important frankly!

If you're prepared to go for an XX cassette and change the chainset why not go XX1? Cassette is the same price, but weight savings are far better.
  • njee20 wrote:
    And the frame is only 20% of so of the bike's weight, so what you hang on it is more important frankly!

If you're prepared to go for an XX cassette and change the chainset why not go XX1? Cassette is the same price, but weight savings are far better.

Couldn't resist
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=Eu38VWYZo4E :wink:

On a more serious note you've got me thinking.
    But I think I would have to ride a 1 x 11 set up before, to make sure I would be happy.
  • njee20
    But I think I would have to ride a 1 x 11 set up before, to make sure I would be happy.

It's fair enough, reasonably closely replicates the range of a 2x10, so it depends what you use at the moment.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Why not just go 1x10? It doesn't take long to build up the leg strength to make up for the reduced range and it's a lot cheaper than XX1 with a better choice of components.
  • njee20
    To get a 1x10 set up the same weight as XX1 costs about the same. Comparing apples with apples and all that.

Can't get away from the fact it offers a much wider range too, even if you do build up a bit of leg strength you're still compromising more with 1x10. Not for everyone, but if money's not an issue then IMO it's the best bet at the moment.