Dogs & Cyclepaths

2»

Comments

• This is a little different but i was on my motorbike and a guy had his dog of the leash it ran across the road in front of me ...well brake and dog we all know what happens next down i went .. i went to the guys house later once i got the bike home i explained to the guy the it was up to him to show that he was in control of the dog and advised him that i had a witness to say that he let the dog off the leash ... if the guy had pet insurance i could have claimed on it... it turned out he did not have this so i claimed on his house insurance they paid out in full... i never even had to go through my own insurance company i did it all myself ...i was told by someone official that anyone in charge of a animal has by law care of duty with that animal and i could have taken him to a small claims court as well
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I saw several dogs riding through the park today, none of them were a problem.
    I would have liked to have seen that. :shock:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,363
    merkin wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I saw several dogs riding through the park today, none of them were a problem.
    I would have liked to have seen that. :shock:
    You mean you haven't seen a dog riding a bike?
    39314-dogs-dog-riding-a-bike.jpg
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    quite a large part of my commute can be done on shared use paths and I encounter several dog walkers each day. Most of them are aware that it's a path used by cyclists and will pull the dogs over so all that's required is some common courtesy and to slow down for a few seconds then pick up speed once past - look at it as interval training.
    There is a minority of dog walkers who wander along without paying any attention to the surroundings, usually tapping away at a phone while their dog sh*ts on the path behind them, I have less respect for those people but you still have to negotiate them.