Topeak Ridecase for iPhone 4//4s

Rianp811
Rianp811 Posts: 12
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
ok i just wanted to know of any advice you may have on this iPhone mount. have any of you tried this product should i buy it or not? i am seriously considering this product, good price and seems good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Topeak-Ridecase ... 243&sr=8-1

check out the link and comment!!!

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    It'll be great, until you crash, then you need your phone and it is broken. You'll be stuck on a foggy mountain, then you will die.

or

It'll be great, then you'll ride through a rough area and someone will think, "nice phone on display, let's steal it, and let's steal the bike while we are at it". Then you won't have a phone to phone the police from.

I'd keep my phone in my rucksack.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I would look at something with a bit more protection like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bicycle-Handleb ... 537&sr=1-7

Then put it in your rucksack
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • usually i only do canal riding on my main bike but i have another bike which i free roam with. when we cycle on the canal there are usually a few of us and also the phone would not be that much on display as it would be tilted downwards.

i would like to know if anybody actually uses this iPhone mount.
  • mcnultycop wrote:
    It'll be great, until you crash, then you need your phone and it is broken. You'll be stuck on a foggy mountain, then you will die.

or

It'll be great, then you'll ride through a rough area and someone will think, "nice phone on display, let's steal it, and let's steal the bike while we are at it". Then you won't have a phone to phone the police from.

I'd keep my phone in my rucksack.

you over-exaggerate way too much, chill dude.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Why do you want your phone on your bars?

If you are just riding canal towpaths then it can't be for navigation (assuming you don't live in Venice, or Amsterdam).