2012 Mondraker Foxy R

jesper98
jesper98 Posts: 46
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi, I'm looking to buy a 2012 Mondraker Foxy R. I sold my Giant Reign for a shorter travel bike but I miss the smoothness of a longer travel bike :roll: . Has anybody demo'd the Mondraker Foxy R or own one? If so, what's your opinion? My Reign was a medium so I presume that I'd need a medium in the Foxy R too? Lastly, I've had a look online and there doesn't seem to be many places in the UK that stock Mondrakers, does anybody know of any sales on at the moment?
Thanks!

Comments

• Before anybody points it out.......I have searched on the forums but only found one related post back in 2011. I'm hoping that they've become more popular since then :D
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • Thanks for the link. They only have an XL though and I'm after a large :( The search continues.........
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    Not sure where you are but Demon Tweeks in Wrekham stock the mondraker's i was drooling over the 4 grand foxy xr a few days ago in there.
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Not sure if this would interest you as it's frame only http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/f ... -2012.html
    If you register with quidco and buy it through them you get a bit of cashback too, 3% I think. Not much but it's better in your pocket than theirs!
  • Well all i can say is i own the 2010 Dune R,

And its great a reall do it eat it all monster, so loving my draker best bike i have ever owned. i feel drakers tend to be more aggressive than there contenders but generally less xc orientated.
  • Hi Thanks for all your replies - appreciate it!!! I did think about buying a frame etc but it will work out cheaper for a complete bike if I go for a 2011/12 model. I just like the look of them, plus Fabien Barel rides em so they must be good :lol:
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    jesper98 wrote:
    Hi Thanks for all your replies - appreciate it!!! I did think about buying a frame etc but it will work out cheaper for a complete bike if I go for a 2011/12 model. I just like the look of them, plus Fabien Barel rides em so they must be good :lol:

He signed for Canyon last week, so if that's a major consideration better think again.
  • Canyon it is then! Only joking, the Foxy looks nice with or without Fabien Barel endorsing it.