Yeti 575? Yeti SB66? alternatives?

tigertang0
tigertang0 Posts: 33
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi people, I have been using my 4x bike for my local trail. Not very enjoyable! haha. Want get a hardcore-ish trail bike that pedals well. Tried my friend`s yeti 575, loved it, pedals better than my 4x bike! But thinking about the sb66. I am confused! My local trail is long stretches of sand and gravel, like xc terrian. And crazy muddy descends and steep climbs. Crazy wet here in south-east asia. Most likely saint stuff with xt crank and f/d. And downhill wheels. Also what size of fork? Was thinking 120-140. Any alternatives for my new bike? Many thanks!
Battaglin 3 Cime
Jamis Exile race 29er
Schwinn Madison

Comments

• whats your question? The SB-66 is designed for 150-160mm forks so if you're looking at 120-140 you can count that out already.
  • I do not know if the 575 or sb66 is more suitable for me, the 575 has many good reviews and i love the look. But if the sb66 is more suited to me, i will have to get it. Unless you have a bike in mind that is better?
    Battaglin 3 Cime
    Jamis Exile race 29er
    Schwinn Madison
  • It's really hard to say - the SB66 is a bit more capable for the descents I would think. But for long stretches of XC you might find the 575 (or even ASR-5) more suited.

I have an SB66 and ride pretty much anything with it, and it keeps me happy. Ideally you want a test-ride of everything you're considering, it's the only way to be sure.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's going to be a confused build if your using a all mountain frame, xc/trail forks and downhill wheels and tyres.