paint chip on carrera vengeance!

jon3619
jon3619 Posts: 75
edited February 2013 in MTB beginners
hey,

i left my carrera vengence outside not tied up (stupid i know) and the wind blew it over and it hit a pole creating a very nice sized chip (about 1 inch) off the top coat and prime coat on the crossbar, i tried touching up with nail polish but it leaves a shiny finsh whereas the finsh of the vengeance is a matt type finsh so it looks weird....any ideas as to what type of touch up paint would work better for this?

Comments

• I'd take the view that it is a mountain bike and sh!t happens. Not worry about it and go for a ride.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Mud is matt.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Just ride it and plaster it in mud. It's a mountain bike, they look wrong if they don't have a scar or two. It adds character.
  • You might be able to find a close matt touch up paint at somewhere like Halfords but chances are it'll still be noticeable.
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy
  • Put a sticker over it if it really bothers you.
    My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    jon3619 wrote:
    hey,

i left my carrera vengence outside not tied up (stupid i know) and the wind blew it over and it hit a pole creating a very nice sized chip (about 1 inch) off the top coat and prime coat on the crossbar, i tried touching up with nail polish but it leaves a shiny finish whereas the finsh of the vengeance is a matt type finsh so it looks weird....any ideas as to what type of touch up paint would work better for this?
    so use a matt varnish nail polish or model paint over the touch up, but are you sure its a matt finish and not satin ?
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I prefer silk - much nicer when you get intimate
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I thought it was more if and not often at all.
  • Just the one chip?

Mine looks like it was intentionally painted with a random polka dot pattern.
    I do touch up bits here & there with a car touch up pen but learnt very early on that it was pointless as I'd spend all day doing it.