Overshoes

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited February 2013 in Road beginners
I need to get some replacement overshoes for my Spesh shoes, sized 48. The previous overshoes (Altura Etape) were always a very tight fit, even at extra-large. Can anyone suggest a make likely to be a bit more forgiving on size? Thanks.
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I like neoprene.
    How about DHB. XXL should be roomy enough and the zip is fantastic.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Planet-X for £10?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    BBB Hardwear, excellent overshoes. Might be worth hanging on a few weeks and then snapping up an end of season bargain...spring is just around the corner.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Prendas Air tunnel
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    PRO NPU Tarmac are really good, I've used a pair for a couple of years now and they're only just beginning to show any signs of wear (only slight scuffing on the inside of the drive side ankle).

Shall probably look at the Prendas Air Tunnel next, as they seem to get good reviews.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • murf1480
    murf1480 Posts: 117
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Prendas Air tunnel

+1 A really good bit of kit
  • redvee wrote:
    Planet-X for £10?

i wear size 48 and the large overshoes fit great from planet x. cheap and effective for me
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Planet X for me too. They're lasting much better than my more expensive ones.
  • AFF40N
    AFF40N Posts: 33
    Another vote for the Planet X. Got me through the winter and great for a tenner!
  • I use Northwave and too am a size 48, very good product and do the job.
    Summer - Wilier la Triestina
    Winter - Trek 1.2
    Turbo bike - Trek 1.2
    I love my Trek 1.2
  • kim10
    kim10 Posts: 186
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Prendas Air tunnel

+ one for the Prendas
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Another vote for P-X - I wear Specialized road shoes in a 47 and the overshoes fit fine.
  • rich164h
    rich164h Posts: 433
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Another vote for P-X - I wear Specialized road shoes in a 47 and the overshoes fit fine.
    +1 same sized shoes/brand but the MTB version, and no problems at all with the PX overshoes
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    I do have some of the planet-x overshoes, but they have to be the most unstylish stitched together neoprene you'll ever see. Perfect for the cross or MTB.
  • Wilier La Triestina
    Specialized Tarmac Comp
  • Gore are superb!
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Update. I went for the BBB Hardwear overshoes. Excellent quality and they kept my feet warm. The dry test is yet to come. :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)