160mm travel frame

Rich_awakening
Rich_awakening Posts: 56
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Right I have decided after much care and thought that rather than looking for my perfect bike I'm going to build it instead. Looking at frames only and looking for suggestions want 160mm travel and head angle of somewhere between 66 and 67 degrees ideally with an rp23 with remote adjustment either in it or fittable....recommendations below looking to find one second hand and carbon obviously preferred.

Rich

Comments

• Yes, 160mm travel both ends probably a medium....something around 17" im not looking for you guys to link me specific second hand frames just some inspiration to some good ones that fit my spec that I shouod consider looking for budget will vary depending on age and condition so really just after a point in the right direction as to what frames are good to keep my eyes open for :-)
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Specialized enduro might suit, although iirc the travel has increased over the years so older models might not be for you.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Mojo HD or a nomad carbon are two of the best 160mm carbon bikes depends what your budget is though as they don't come cheap!!
  • How about the Titus El Guapo?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FRTITELGUV3 ... _rt3_shock

It might not be carbon but it might be cheap enough to buy new?
  • If budget stretches to it, I can heartily recomend the SC Nomad carbon. I looked at a number of off the shelf bikes and frame only at the 160 travel last year, after demo'ing as many as I could and found the nomad significantly better than the others (in my opinion). Had one for a year now and can't fault it. Climbs very well for such a big bike (feels more like 140 trail bike on the ups), decends like a demon, light and increadibly stiff. The vpp suspension, once set up properly is lovely. It's a true do it all bike a d has definately taken my riding on a notch
  • lawman wrote:
    Mojo HD or a nomad carbon are two of the best 160mm carbon bikes depends what your budget is though as they don't come cheap!!

Didnt hugely like either if i'm honest. Nomad felt a bit racey to me and prefered the butcher in alu to ride.(And im not saying your wrong just that its purely a matter of opinion of what you like)

There is the Mondraker Dune it was my prefered test ride when buying a bike.