Kuota Kharma Race + Clinchers ## UPDATED ##

2»

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Glad you're enjoying them - those bars are immensely beautiful!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Those bars are pure art. Love them.
  • paul_mck
    paul_mck Posts: 1,058
    just seen the price of them lol they would need to be!
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    What a lovely looking machine, nice work. Especially love the bars. How much and where from? If you dont mind me asking.
  • bails1310
    bails1310 Posts: 361
    Thanks for the comments chaps. They're not cheap, I've seen them for about £300 but got them for half that through a guy at work who's brother was going to fit them to his but lost his job and had to sell these plus most of his other toys pretty quickly, luckily the correct width & stem length.

I wanted to change but don't think I'd have brought them full price not knowing what they were like although the reviews I read were all positive - worth a punt given the price.

Not everyone may notice that much difference but for me, well worth it.

Do you ever stop wanting to change stuff?! Thought that would be it after the bars but although I don't know what, want to do something else to it, bit like my Nova SR about 20 years ago!
    Kuota Kharma Race [Dry/Sunny]
    Raleigh Airlite 100 [Wet/Horrible]
  • paul_mck
    paul_mck Posts: 1,058
    lol know what you mean.

for that money they were a bargain. for £320 Im not so sure! rrp was something mad like £540
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    bails1310 wrote:
    Thanks for the comments chaps. They're not cheap, I've seen them for about £300 but got them for half that through a guy at work who's brother was going to fit them to his but lost his job and had to sell these plus most of his other toys pretty quickly, luckily the correct width & stem length.

I wanted to change but don't think I'd have brought them full price not knowing what they were like although the reviews I read were all positive - worth a punt given the price.

Not everyone may notice that much difference but for me, well worth it.

Do you ever stop wanting to change stuff?! Thought that would be it after the bars but although I don't know what, want to do something else to it, bit like my Nova SR about 20 years ago!

I would personally change the chainset. Perhaps a Rotor one or Ultegra?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    Sweet looking bike!! Looks great

Why do these companies come up with such marketing rubbish, RHM "rapid hand movement". LoL. Makes me laugh

"The new BMW M3, with the all new RSW".... Wow it's got RSW

(Round steering wheel). Wow!!!!!!

Hahah
  • white91
    white91 Posts: 431
    How are the wheels holding up? I'm thinking about building some very similar, can I ask how much they cost?
  • Wow that's a sexy looking bike with the right components!
    Enjoy
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • white91 wrote:
    How are the wheels holding up? I'm thinking about building some very similar, can I ask how much they cost?

No issues at all, they have been redundant over the winter but the miles they did so far have been great. Breaking service pretty much unmarked, true and haven't needed any attention.

Cost was £450

Hubs - £160
    Rims - £180
    Spokes. nipples & build [@ LBS] £110

I'm no wheel expert when it comes to exact characteristics, but they feel great and have done everything I asked of them so far. Some may not like the deep carbon look any more but I still love them. PM me if you want any specific details or other close ups. If your local your more than welcome to have a look.

Just about to finish off with a new Ultegra chainset, cassette and chain, plus some GP4000s boots & really am done then. Photo's to follow shortly.
    Kuota Kharma Race [Dry/Sunny]
    Raleigh Airlite 100 [Wet/Horrible]