roadies, a89 westbound at hillend this am

Kerguelen
Kerguelen Posts: 248
edited February 2013 in Road general
So there I was riding along when I get overtaken by a bunch of other riders who then slow down and made me hit the brakes. Thanks for that. I also get a faceful of dirt because none of them have mudguards fitted. This is Scotland in winter, it's always wet...

So on to their road positioning... which was either randomly or deliberately obstructive, I can't work out which. Either way, they forced following vehicles into unsafe overtaking positions, including me after being fed up with following them.

I noticed that after overtaking them it took until coatbridge - and pulling off the road for a puncture - for them to catch up with me.

Nice going guys <rolleyes>

Comments

• Once or twice I've experienced this - JRA and hell on earth comes past, albeit not as bad as this sounds. Doesn't make me any more inclined to join a club, I have to say.

To be fair, I've also been overtaken by groups behaving impeccably, so I try not to tar all with the same brush.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Once or twice I've experienced this - JRA and hell on earth comes past, albeit not as bad as this sounds. Doesn't make me any more inclined to join a club, I have to say.

To be fair, I've also been overtaken by groups behaving impeccably, so I try not to tar all with the same brush.

It wasn't exactly hell on earth, they only had a differential of 2mph or so when they passed, before dropping back to make me slow down. But I know what you mean.

I think I know who they are. Not saying in public though.