Race License

FrancisScotland
FrancisScotland Posts: 34
edited February 2013 in Amateur race
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but after almost wasting a trip to the track on Wednesday due to losing my license it got me thinking what the purpose of handing over the small card at sign on is? Any information on it is held online and it only provides another possibility of missing a race. Feels like I'm missing something obvious so if someone could point it out to me I'd be grateful.

Cheers, Francis :)
Racing all over the UK, trying to win a few http://franciscycling.blogspot.co.uk/

Comments

• majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    It prevents people claiming they are licensed when they aren't. (Checking on the spot could be time consuming.) It also gives race organisers an easy way to ensure they get reusable numbers back.
  • It prevents people claiming they are licensed when they aren't. (Checking on the spot could be time consuming.) It also gives race organisers an easy way to ensure they get reusable numbers back.
    Ahh that does make some sense now actually
    Racing all over the UK, trying to win a few http://franciscycling.blogspot.co.uk/
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    It prevents people claiming they are licensed when they aren't. (Checking on the spot could be time consuming.) It also gives race organisers an easy way to ensure they get reusable numbers back.

The photo ID also proves (in principle) that you are who you claim to be (ie that you are not a 1st cat riding on your mate's 4th cat licence and collecting his points for him).
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    The licences should be held until the commissaires say they can be handed back. If you've been a naughty boy in a race the commissaire can hold onto your licence and give you a ticking off/fine when you go to ask for it back.

Also a lot of venues won't have an Internet connection to check to see who you are.

Could you not pay a day licence to ride?