Eurosport Player

Secteur
Secteur Posts: 1,971
edited February 2013 in The cake stop
These people have the WORST customer services ever, so I am asking my query here, as they dont reply to any emails.

I signed up to Eurosport Player for a 12 month term at £2.99/month, where payments are taken every month by my credit card.

For unrelated reasons, I closed my credit card account that was being used to pay this monthly subscription. As a result, I can no longer access any streams via the player (it says "you have no subscriptions"), but Eurosport havent contacted me to chase payment or query this.

Do I need to keep chasing them, or do you think it would be safe to take out a new subscription with a new credit card?

Thanks!

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    They are a pain in the 4rse. I was also hit by identity fraud after paying for a 6 month subscription by Visa to Eurosport. All other transactions during that period were standard and it was the only card payment I had made in the 2 months previous to the fraud.
    A clone of my card was used in Paris and the next day, Brussells !! The source of the fraud can only have been the Eurosport on-line payment.
    Don't worry, I got all my money back.
    Sorry I can't help you.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    You should keep pushing them; they're very keen to enforce the minimum 12 month contract and you'll probably find that you have two overlapping for a while until the first expires. I signed up thinking it was multi-platform then discovered I couldn't move my sub from PC to iPad, not under any circumstances. They were so belligerent about it I just thought stuff em, even though it would only have been another couple of quid per month.

You signed up to a 12 month deal, they'll more than likely try to hold you to it, even if you have had a blip in your method of payment.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    CiB wrote:
    You signed up to a 12 month deal, they'll more than likely try to hold you to it, even if you have had a blip in your method of payment.

I certainly dont mind paying since I do use the service, it's just that I cant seem to get a response from them to offer a new card to take the funds from, so I thought I might just take out a new subscription under the same user account, but I guess it's not that simple!

I will just have to wait for them to come to me, I suppose.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    CiB wrote:
    You should keep pushing them; they're very keen to enforce the minimum 12 month contract and you'll probably find that you have two overlapping for a while until the first expires. I signed up thinking it was multi-platform then discovered I couldn't move my sub from PC to iPad, not under any circumstances. They were so belligerent about it I just thought stuff em, even though it would only have been another couple of quid per month.

FWIW the subscription is now on multiple devices. I think this changed in the last 2 months or so.