Friday Wooooo Thread!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Went to Harrogate last night to visit my Aunt. We're organising my Mum's surprise 60th birthday bash, which is finally coming together. Had a fantastic meal with braised pork belly mmmmmm

Today, minion is off on her hols, so I'll be running round. I've not completed a project on time, so am feeling a bit bad about that, so I'm driving to work today so I can head over straight after work to hand it in (presuming i can do it today!!)

Anywho, Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' horse theives

Bacons!

Message ends.

Ownards! Coffee and fried pigs!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning Luuuverrrs
    Nice night last night, champers and wine with rump steak followed by choccy 8)
    Today is Friday, also payday, also last day at work for a week, also meeting with boss potentially to find out wether i still have a job :?
    Today the Touareg is being fitted with a tow bar, and a 3 bike rack ready for some adventures that dont include getting the mud all over the interior of my car! 8)

I dont think bacons will feature as i'm still full up from last night :roll: but coffee a plenty and maybe noodles for lunch?

Anywhoooo Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    morning

I am a man full of goodwill from the current wife, all it takes is getting home at 6pm, flowers (sainsbury's), chocs & card (Tesco), champagne and pandora rubbish. think the dog house would be a lot cheaper.

Today is work meh followed by pub - so there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    TFI Friday. Boss man is still in a foul mood so another early finish is on the cards.

Forecast for the weekend looks goods from a weather point of view and also from a bacons point of view. I bought my supplies last night in preparation for two monstrous breakfasts over the weekend.

Tea and minion offerings to pass the time.

Later......
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    ning tards,

in work, don't wanna be! driving to englandshire very soon!

Have to sort a poorly fruit machine first, which i have no idea about! chances of electrocution-high!

onwards to biscuits, tea and A&E! (see what i did there?)
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning lab specimens....

Went out last night with the mrs valentines stylee, ate some delicious mexican food then went to see a band Frightened Rabbit (I think they will go far) at the Junction in Cambridge.

Great night out, slightly marred by the drunken knob next to us heckling the band and constantly banging into everybody, I felt like lumping him but being 140lb soaking wet I didn't rate my chances, so accidentally fell sideways and my elbow just caught him in the ribs a bit.

He was still being a knob but it made me feel better...
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    pilch wrote:
    Morning lab specimens....

Went out last night with the mrs valentines stylee, ate some delicious mexican food then went to see a band Frightened Rabbit (I think they will go far) at the Junction in Cambridge.

Great night out, slightly marred by the drunken knob next to us heckling the band and constantly banging into everybody, I felt like lumping him but being 140lb soaking wet I didn't rate my chances, so accidentally fell sideways and my elbow just caught him in the ribs a bit.

He was still being a knob but it made me feel better...

Junctions a bit grim you always get dickheads there, same as everywhere though I suppose.

Morning all - Thank Feck its Friday!
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Morning all!
    Back from the Hudd....again. All I seem to do these days is drive there and back. Still worth it to see the boy :)<3 Amazing evening of bouldering, pizza, cake and sexy time, far better than commercial hearts and flowers to$$!

The idiots in the flat below decided it would be a great idea to have a party at 1am, which meant I only got a couple of hours sleep blah. Need to be productive today lots of web work to do, not doing it....umm!

Having a partaaaaaay tomorrow, so need to get ready for that and bake moar cakeeeeeeeee!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon mongs!

Recovering today after having too much to drink and huge slice of lightly fried cow with mountains of chips last night.

More work in the garden this weekend, this time taking up a concrete path, moving shed 2, taking down shed 1 and building a bin store from the parts. Woo!

The road bike now has mudguards so Sunday morning I'm getting the legs ready for spring with a 100 miler.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Afternoon
    Been stupidly busy what with training/selling bikes/scratching my head wondering what I'm doing, driving up and down the motorway (3 hours last night, lucky me), seeing the boyfriend and sleeping.
    Today I have taken receipt of the keys to the new house which is in a small village just north of MK.
    Tonight I'm going home and the boyfriend is coming over to feed me and then watch a film while I fall asleep on the sofa. I was not made for this commuting/do a full day of work thing. I've spent approximately 19 hours on the road this week and I'm shattered.
    Supposed to be going for a ride in the Peaks tomorrow but as the bike currently has no brakes or seat post I think I'll have a lie-in (if my brain will let me - waking up at 5am every morning has properly screwed my body clock) and then start packing.
    I have however had plenty of cake this week, and have a plentiful supply of biscuits for this afternoon.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Afternoon Maggots,

Another freakin' scorcher today.. 31ºC right now, but yesterday it was 34.5º
    The local news is buzzing with the Oscar Pistorius saga, one newspaper had the headline "Blade Gunner", very "The Sun" type headlining, isn't it?
    I've just returned from the local supermarket armed with an ice cold can of Coca~Cola which was complimented with some Pringles to keep the hunger at bay..
    foxc_uk wrote:
    I was not made for this commuting/do a full day of work thing. I've spent approximately 19 hours on the road this week and I'm shattered.

Fox_C, I can sympathise with you, I used to drive from Bristol to Aylesbury daily, 94 odd miles each way, then when the company I worked for was bought out, I had to travel from Brizzle to Stone in Staffs, daily, that was 106 odd miles.. each way
    It is soul crushing.. but in the end you get used to it..
  • pesky_jones
    Fox_C, I can sympathise with you, I used to drive from Bristol to Aylesbury daily, 94 odd miles each way, then when the company I worked for was bought out, I had to travel from Brizzle to Stone in Staffs, daily, that was 106 odd miles.. each way
    It is soul crushing.. but in the end you live in South Africa..

Seems worth it to me! My grandad used to live in Fish Hoek outside of Cape town, do you know it?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Afternoon Scuttlers,

Well I've secured ten days of freedom from the work place so celebrated with pancakes, scrambled eggs, streaky bacons and maple syrup on toast now I'm in town for a new holiday wardrobe. Later I shall be eating out before going to the theatre to see James and The Giant Peach.

Valentine's night was awesome as I got to spend it perving at ladies bums in the gym after work.

Toodles
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Fox_C, I can sympathise with you, I used to drive from Bristol to Aylesbury daily, 94 odd miles each way, then when the company I worked for was bought out, I had to travel from Brizzle to Stone in Staffs, daily, that was 106 odd miles.. each way

Seems worth it to me! My grandad used to live in Fish Hoek outside of Cape town, do you know it?

I know Fish Hoek~ Been there, quite a nice area.

As for "living in South Africa".. I am just treading water here as I will probably return to France in the summer, I am just awaiting Autumn to begin, my mission is to have three summers in a row.. one down, one in motion and one to come :D
  • pesky_jones

I know Fish Hoek~ Been there, quite a nice area.

As for "living in South Africa".. I am just treading water here as I will probably return to France in the summer, I am just awaiting Autumn to begin, my mission is to have three summers in a row.. one down, one in motion and one to come :D

Well good luck with your mission sir! I remember a penguin biting my elbow when I tried to take a picture with it at Boulders Bay, a wierd sensation and a funny memory!
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Afternoon crud munchers,
    Well after just over 3 months off work I decided it was about time I went back. Of course that had to be done in a half arsed manor as I'm not used to getting up in the morning. So today endeth my first week back doing half days. Oddly enough people were happy to see me back. Anyway this also means I can enjoy weekends again, so thank fark it's Friday, it's your round and mine's a Guinness.

In other news I'm stripping down my enduro and selling it off, the 29er is enough for me. Give me a shout if you need anything.

Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136

Was there over christmas, fantastic place...
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • pesky_jones
    pilch wrote:
    Was there over christmas, fantastic place...
    Yeah i fell in love with getting up early, going for a swim (assuming the flag was green!) and then having a latte and a pancake or crepe or something like that at the cafe, this cafe actually in the bottom corner :mrgreen:

top1_zps7272a478.jpg

The villa was up on the hill you see in the pic as well.