raceface diablous cranks fitting

ellsbells1973
ellsbells1973 Posts: 537
edited February 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
help!!!! :oops: i have just done a frame swap from a 73mm shell with saint cranks and moved on to an 83mm bb, now i have had to change my crank arm for obvious reasons and have aquired some diablous crank arms, now i may be missing something here :oops: as i have fitted the bb and correct bb spacers, though when i have fitted the cranks i now have considerable movement from the length of the spindle, i can slide the crank arm through the bb by about 10mm, and i am sure i cant get the drive side crank on anymore, is there any sort of spacers that are need for raceface cranks as i have never come across this, its my 1st foray into the world of raceface

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what have you exactly got? and when you say have used the correct number of spacers what have you done.

sorry but you are not giving any real info

is it X type fitting i am guessing yes. what cups are you using......
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • i have an 83mm saint bb, 1 spacer for the non drive and 2 on the drive side, i put left crank through bottom bracket then fit drive side and torque crank bolt, however the cranks aren't sitting flush with the bb bearings, it slides back and forth and am sure i cant get the crank arm on any further
  • nicklouse
    so what about the other spacers?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • just had a look on a raceface pdf for crank installation and it appears to have chainline spacers that fit between the non drive crank arm and the bb bearings, it looks like this is what i'm missing
  • nicklouse
    sounds like it.

it is all in the manual.
  • :oops: cheers, i think i answered my own question