gbsahne wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    That did alright in the end!!

:D :shock:
    Very much so.

what did it go for in the end?

*cough* signature *cough* :wink:
    Now updated. I say if all goes well as I haven't heard from the high bidder yet. He's in Norfolk, although I said I preferred collection as I didn't really want to send it. I emailed him after the auction ended so I'm hoping it wasn't drunk bidding as he put his bid in at 11.45pm on Friday night.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    If it falls through, I'll give you 200 notes for it. ;-)
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    gbsahne wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    That did alright in the end!!

:D :shock:
    Very much so.

what did it go for in the end?

*cough* signature *cough* :wink:

:oops:
  • Sorry to hijack, but I also have an eBay Dilemma....

Sold my bike on eBay yesterday. The winner bid against some other bidders a few times in the last 5 mins and ended up with the winning bid. I sent him an invoice, through eBay, and asked him what his preferred pick up / delivery option was.

The dilemma is, I have heard nothing back and he hasn't paid. How long do I wait before following up? Its been 24 hours now. The buyer seems to have no feedback, so I'm not sure what to think, but I also don't want to be an arse and start pestering him if he's genuine.

What's the general etiquette here?
    FCN: 3 on the singlespeed, 4 on the roadie.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    Hard to say. It's reasonable for someone to be out for an evening and not see an email, so I'd wait a couple of days. I'd say going away for a week is unreasonable, and if after a couple of nudges you haven't heard, offer it to the second bidder on the second chance thing.
    I've still not heard from my winning bidder, but it's only just over 24 hours so I'm trying not to fret about it. I've only sent him a message asking if he's picking up or not. I've not sent an invoice as I'm waiting to see if I should add carriage. Maybe I'll invoice him later tonight if I don't hear anything.
  • Yeah, I didn't think of that (the carriage / no carriage thing). I might send him a reminder later today and see what happens. The thing that concerns me is that he has zero feedback (although, everyone has to start somewhere) and his address appears to be a self-storage facility on an industrial estate...
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    Benjo74 wrote:
    The thing that concerns me is that he has zero feedback [....] and his address appears to be a self-storage facility on an industrial estate...

:shock: I'd be re-listing that or making a second-chance offer. At the very least I would want their home address even if the item was shipped to an alternate.

On the information supplied this smells like the sort of eBay horror story where the buyer does a charge-back on the PayPal transaction claiming not to have received the item.
    Boardman CX Team
  • cookdn wrote:
    Benjo74 wrote:
    The thing that concerns me is that he has zero feedback [....] and his address appears to be a self-storage facility on an industrial estate...

:shock: I'd be re-listing that or making a second-chance offer. At the very least I would want their home address even if the item was shipped to an alternate.

On the information supplied this smells like the sort of eBay horror story where the buyer does a charge-back on the PayPal transaction claiming not to have received the item.

I just received an email from him...

"Please pack the bike
    Just paid 300 pounds"

That's it. Nothing else. Sure enough, 300 quid in my PayPal account though. I was going to just arrange a bike delivery (£24 on eBay). Do you really think I need to demand his address etc? I expect the courier will provide me with confirmation of delivery?
  • veronese68
    Benjo74 wrote:
    cookdn wrote:
    Benjo74 wrote:

"Please pack the bike
    Just paid 300 pounds"

That's it. Nothing else. Sure enough, 300 quid in my PayPal account though. I was going to just arrange a bike delivery (£24 on eBay). Do you really think I need to demand his address etc? I expect the courier will provide me with confirmation of delivery?
    Make sure the courier gets a signature. That normally counts as proof of delivery, I'd think Ebay would accept that, but check again.
    I've just had a message from my buyer. He's away for half term but is prepared to pay now. I've told him to hold off until I get an exact figure for delivery.
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    Benjo74 wrote:
    cookdn wrote:
    Benjo74 wrote:

"Please pack the bike
    Just paid 300 pounds"

Only you have all the facts (I'm going on limited info) but unless this chap works at the Self-storage Facility (he may well do) why would he want a bike delivered there and who is going to sign for the delivery? Is the PayPal account for the same address as the delivery? I regularly have stuff delivered to work but I assume an eBay seller can see my home address on the PayPal details (or am I off-base here?).

Maybe I'm being overly paranoid but eBay/PayPal seem to let buyers pull-off all sorts of carp and as a seller you don't seem to have a lot of redress. Last time I looked you couldn't even leave negative feedback as a seller.

Good luck :).
    Boardman CX Team
  • I sent him an email this morning (through e-bay) asking for his real address. I said that normally I'd expect to see a residential address, for fraud protection among other things, and asked if he is really going to be at the industrial estate all day waiting for the bike.
    No reply, but I know the courier company will need a signature and will confirm succesful delivery so I'm not too worried. I'm just gonna send it and hope for the best. No doubt will moan on here if I get screwed over, but I guess that's my own stoopid fault (if it happens).
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Benjo74 wrote:
    I sent him an email this morning (through e-bay) asking for his real address. I said that normally I'd expect to see a residential address, for fraud protection among other things, and asked if he is really going to be at the industrial estate all day waiting for the bike.
    No reply, but I know the courier company will need a signature and will confirm succesful delivery so I'm not too worried. I'm just gonna send it and hope for the best. No doubt will moan on here if I get screwed over, but I guess that's my own stoopid fault (if it happens).

Get his real address, check it out and if it all looks sound, get it couriered with signatures as advised above. If he doesn't produce an address that all adds up, you can happily tell him to take a jump without the need to feel guilty. Wonder what the Ebay rules say about buyers providing proper home addresses.

If he works at the industrial estate then it would make sense. Why get something delivered to home if you know no-one is going to be in and that then you'll have to traipse all across town to the couriers depot to pick it up?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • veronese68
    Rolf F wrote:
    Benjo74 wrote:
    I sent him an email this morning (through e-bay) asking for his real address. I said that normally I'd expect to see a residential address, for fraud protection among other things, and asked if he is really going to be at the industrial estate all day waiting for the bike.

Get his real address, check it out and if it all looks sound, get it couriered with signatures as advised above. If he doesn't produce an address that all adds up, you can happily tell him to take a jump without the need to feel guilty. Wonder what the Ebay rules say about buyers providing proper home addresses.

If he works at the industrial estate then it would make sense. Why get something delivered to home if you know no-one is going to be in and that then you'll have to traipse all across town to the couriers depot to pick it up?
    Makes sense.