10 Essential Valentines Day Tips

colinsmith123
colinsmith123 Posts: 579
edited February 2013 in The cake stop
http://www.southernsportive.com/news/2013/02/10-essential-valentines-day-tips-for-cyclists/

1: If you buy your bike a new present this week (saddle, wheels, pedals etc.) make sure that it is less shiny and less expensive than the gift you buy your significant other.

I shall be cancelling collection of my new bike planned for Saturday as soon as I can make that call.
Live to ski
Ski to live

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Do not go to a restaurant tonight*.
    The food will be of a lower standard than usual due to being busy and rushed. The prices may be increased for a "Special" menu.
    From experiences.

*Possibly even right through the weekend.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • I have today, our anniversary and her birthday in the space of a few days. It is truly the worst part of the year :lol:

Didn’t stop me buying a new bike though – I needed it to cheer me up ;-)

Even the Mrs agrees about the no restaurant thing davisee - so I have to cook :-(
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Valentines Day - Making stalking socially acceptable for one day a year. :twisted:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    10: At NO POINT during the evening should you be wearing a heart rate monitor.
    :cry: :shock: :?
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • Don't keep your gun under your pillow - thus avoiding girlfriend/wife/partner death when they sneak in to surprise you and you confuse them with an intruder.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Wait until the 15th and you can give her the M&S meal-deal-for-two experience at yellow-sticker discount.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    MichaelW wrote:
    Wait until the 15th and you can give her the M&S meal-deal-for-two experience at yellow-sticker discount.

Or wait until the 15th and then go out, which is what I'm doing (for reasons other than price,busyness etc.)

Many years ago I phoned a local pub-restaurant to book a table on valentines day. I was told I could, so I did. When i got there, there was a massive queue at the bar to order food, but when I explained that we had booked a table we were shown through to a roped off bit which had nicely set tables, candles, glasses, the works.

Alarm bells were ringing at this point, and went into siren mode when the manager presented us with specially printed menus with exorbitant prices (for extremely skint us). It turned out that the waitress who had taken the booking thought that we were booking the 'special', which I knew nothing about, and she didn't bother to ask.

When it was explained the manager was extremely miffed, but had little choice other than to let us sit where we were (his first couple of the night) and order off the "cheap-and-cheerful-get-there-before-7-menu". Still makes me smile and cringe slightly all these years later.

The older I get, the better I was.

• laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    Edited as in wrong thread
    Wilier Izoard XP