Valentine's Day (aka Thursday 14th February)

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

It's that day of the year when most single ladies are hoping their knigh in shining armour will turn up, and all the single men crawl back into their rooms like a monster returning to his lair because of the light.

I think a visit to the doctors is in order, as this shoulder still isn't right :( I think it's a trapped nerve, so hopefully it will end with some hot lady giving me pain. Can't say I'm really into that, but I'll try it ;)

Today, more work stuff. Nothing interesting that I know of, so hopefully it'll pass without any distress.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning lovers!

work meh, foods, gym that is all!

trar!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Greetings Maggots,

Valentines day started with a bang here! The Olympian athlete Oscar Pistorius, AKA "Blade Runner" shot his girlfriend and killer her ths morning, he apparently mistook her as an "intruder"

A cheap Valentine's day for me, as the other half is in France, so it's all done via BBM opposed to buying cards, cholocaltes and flowers. Win..

Two appointments today and its going to be a scorcher with temps at almost 31ºC.. Fail..
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Valentines day started with a bang here! The Olympian athlete Oscar Pistorius, AKA "Blade Runner" shot his girlfriend and killer her ths morning, he apparently mistook her as an "intruder"

h65AD53A4

Mornin' Exes and Double Exes.

Lots of welding on the cards today in work. Which is nice. Plus, at home, I now have a contract for a new job that I have to read through and make some decisions about. Win!

In other news, it appears to be that day in the year when people pretend they actually care for their partners by spending good money on cheap-ass platitudes in then vain hope they get a suck or a shag out out of it. Try actually giving a damn for the other 364 days of the year, romeo. If that fails, try chloroform. :lol:

Onwards! To coffee! And metal-melting asshatery!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    and all the single men crawl back into their rooms like a monster returning to his lair because of the light.

Get tae f**cking f**ck! :evil:

I'm in such a bad mood that story has perked me up, which in turn makes me feel bad...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning,
    Feel very tired and hungry, breakfast one done, soon to pop out to do some work and breakfast No2.
    Pop to the DVlA to swap plates over and £500 of car tax :roll: then make excuses to leave work early for a steak diner and chocolate :)

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    morning analartists

Avoid cards, etc, with the wife by leaving the house earlier than normal for a meeting in Birmingham. As I got here early I managed to get to a Tescos and buy a card.

The aim is to leave early and treat her to a few pints in the pub :)
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    matthew h wrote:
    I managed to get to a Tescos and buy a card......and treat her to a few pints in the pub :)
    ....and who said romance was dead?

I was in a good mood this morning but that all changed when the boss arrived in work. He has managed to spread his foul mood through the department and now I'm p1ssed off with the whole thing and a serious amount of CBA has set in. I'm going to be leaving early today to get away from it all.

Later......
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    cicatriz wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    I managed to get to a Tescos and buy a card......and treat her to a few pints in the pub :)

quote]

I heard it was in a ditch, with it's head backwards
  • ddraver wrote:
    and all the single men crawl back into their rooms like a monster returning to his lair because of the light.

I'm in such a bad mood that story has perked me up, which in turn makes me feel bad...
    Which story perked you up? The shooting girlfriend one? Why do you feel bad? Did you supply the gun?

Your day isn't as bad as mine. My shoulder is killing me, I have a headache in a specific spot at the back right side of my head, my toothache is killing me, and now my knee has decided to join in with the 'fun'.

So MTFU
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    matthew h wrote:
    cicatriz wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

quote]

I heard it was in a ditch, with it's head backwards

No, its covered with a sheet in a posh suburb of cape town. News reports suggest he was drunk, legless and paralytic I heard, well atleast that's what I heard. Going to be hard to find a woman of that calibre now, ,22 I believe

Friday for me today Scuttlers

This means work today though which also means i have an excuse not to have to splash out on Mrs G tips for valentine's, instead as it's half term I'm taking her to the theatre instead tomorrow.

That's all to report so far. But to all you single crudders........ no wifey, go bikey
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    ddraver wrote:

Which story perked you up? The shooting girlfriend one? Why do you feel bad? Did you supply the gun?

Your day isn't as bad as mine. My shoulder is killing me, I have a headache in a specific spot at the back right side of my head, my toothache is killing me, and now my knee has decided to join in with the 'fun'.

So MTFU

WTFAY?

(Fair play, consider me admonished!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Morning all.
    Feeling slightly tired today. Bouldering with the boy tonight, the making him cook me dinner and I am on a promise so need to wake up before tonight.

Got my start date for going back to Thomson, got DSA, which is good because of the extra commute to LBA. So look out for me pointing out the emergency exits again this summer when you go on your hols :)

Old friend with benefits is back from NZ and came to see me last night unexpectedly, so all in all I had a pretty emotional day. I behaved though, he knows I am involved with someone else. Weird to see him after 3 years (and clothed) haha!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Roses are red,
    Violets are glorious,
    Don't try to surprise
    Oscar Pistorious.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Today is my Friday. Hate the fact that I have to clear my desk before I go. But a necessary evil. Nice long drive to the Lake District tomorrow for running up Scafell Pike (it's not going to happen in my case).

Cannot wait for the working day to end. Bored bored bored.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    today is also my friday, but i do have a speed awareness course tomorrow morning :roll:

i bought the gf some champagne and chocolates along with a card for valentines day, she got me nothing. so now she feels guilty and i may actually get some later :lol:

they've charged oscar pistourios (sp?) with murder now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21459240
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Apparently he heard the gun go off and made a run for it, but 45 seconds later he ended up back where he started from
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    nicklouse wrote:
    Roses are red,
    Violets are glorious,
    Don't try to surprise
    Oscar Pistorious.

Actual, hearty LOL.

Thanking you kindly!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.

• Happy VD