What book would you like to be made into a film?

Loretta Damage
Loretta Damage Posts: 270
edited February 2013 in The cake stop
I only ask because I thought about this while out on a ride yesterday and was curious to see what everyone else thinks. Obviously, choose a book that hasn't already been dramatised. My choice is "Skinheads" by John King, not a very glamourous setting in Slough and West London but the soundtrack would be amazing. Ray Winstone would be a great Terry English.

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Gazza's life story.
    Could you imagine that rollercoaster !
    Living MY dream.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    VTech wrote:
    Gazza's life story.
    Could you imagine that rollercoaster !

Would need subtitles for those who speak English
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    The Truth Machine

No one has ever read it, picked it up for 99p in a newsagent book bin once. It's a great idea and story and would make a brilliant film.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Orwell's Down And Out In Paris And London. Brilliant book. Could be a good film as long as Hollywood didn't get hold of it!
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Would love to see the CJ Sansom 'Shardlake' books made into a series of films. However immersing oneself into a damn good book is better than any film.

The best recent book to film I can think of is Headhunters (Jo Nesbo). Excellent book and the Scandinavian film makers did it justice. Unfortunately Hollywood has got hold of it and doing there own take - Just like they did with Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The Scandi film was better than the Daniel Craig remake.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Sentenced to Prism by Alan Dean Foster, as a si fi fan this would make an interesting film
  • The Rider by Tim Krabbe.
  • The Highway Code!
  • crom7
    crom7 Posts: 83
    The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks
    The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

...oh and The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carl
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Personally, there's few books I have read and enjoyed that I wish to see on film.

Very few films can possibly live up to your own imagination or picture the scene how you see it in your minds-eye.
    ...or miss-out the important scenes that would be too expensive to film / end up on the cutting-room floor, but you personally feel are essential.

...there have been very few exceptions to the above that I have seen.
    Just IMHO.
    Cycling weakly
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    The Woman and the Ape by Peter Hoeg. Just to see if they include the sex scene between the 2 main protagonists.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    byke68 wrote:
    Orwell's Down And Out In Paris And London. Brilliant book. Could be a good film as long as Hollywood didn't get hold of it!

Only if it's done with a narrator rather than additional dialogue. It's the observation that makes it so good.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    ANY religious text. With proper CGI and SFX.