What are the latest CRANK BROS egg beater 2 ti pedals like ?

fozworth
fozworth Posts: 142
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Ive seen some good deals on the crank bros egg beater 2 ti pedals and wonderd if they are indeed a good pedal.Seem rather a mix of feed back and although ive seen them for under £100 new i dont want to waist my money if there shite
At the end of the day, it's night.

Comments

• cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    The new ones will have proper bearing unlike the ones from previous years and come with a 5 year gauantee. Make sure they are 2012/3 model. The older models did not last too long I should know I used them for years and went through many pairs.

Egg beaters however are great pedal, light, easy to slip in and out of and they never clog up. I have just put an old set that is still work on my race bike for the above reasons. When they die I which they will they will be replaced by the ones you want to get. I like them that much even though they used to have (and may still have) reliability issues.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    sh!t.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    There isn't a 2ti any more, anything with a designation like that is the old style. The new ones are 1, 2, 3 and 11. The only ones to use any ti parts are the 11, and if you can get them under £100 stock up, and let me know where from.

I've had some old SLs which I fitted ti axles to for about 4 years now and they've been perfect, been rebuilt a few times, but never let me down. Plenty of people had problems with the bearing collapsing and then the body coming off though.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I've broke/seen so many break now, in catastrophic ways that i would actively discourage anyone from buying them.

Mine nearly took my leg off on a trail in the alps.