Hardtail ?

Poppysdad
Poppysdad Posts: 25
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all I'm riding a specialized camber comp 2012 at the mo but think I prefer a hardtail. I've looked at ragley and an orange crush .could you recommend any of these ? I'm an aggressive rider and like to ride hard. Many thanks Rob.

Comments

• Whats wrong with your current ride? Too little travel? too squishy?

Did you previously ride a hardtail? If so what did you ride?

You mention Ragley and Orange Crush but you need to base your choice on how you ride and the terrain most importantly. It sounds like you're thinking about a hardcore/long travel hardtail but you need to explain what you don't like about your current, very capable and well reviewed, bike first.

Paul.
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • Had a cube ltd comp before this . Can't put my finger on it to be honest . I've ridden a lot round Yorkshire ,Wales and Scotland on the camber . Think I prefer a more rigid ride if that makes sense . Cheers for the reply Paul
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    To clarify, what sort of riding do you do? XC, trail (centres), AM or what combo?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I know what you mean. For anything other than all day XC rides I prefer hardtails, they just feel more lively and fun. I also had a very good full sus bike (Giant Trance X).
    The Orange gives a very harsh ride. If you want a hardcore hardtail the On-One 456 Evo, Cotic BFe, Stanton Slackline and Ragley Blue Pig are all good
  • Cheers for the advice Paul . I've decided to have both I think after what you said . I'm a AM rider to be honest so think having the best of both worlds will keep my options open . Thanks all .