Moda Calore

scottbuchanan
scottbuchanan Posts: 2
edited March 2013 in Commuting general
Has anyone got any experience of either Moda as a quality bike company or the suitability of the Calore as a quality CX commuter. Price and spec look spot on for me.

Can find pretty much bugger all on the web about the Calore and not much more about Moda!
Cheers

Comments

• If it helps, I ride the Moda Intro, had it for a month or so & done about 300 miles on it. Very nice, no issues with build quality or components. Certainly nothing bad to report!
    Boardman 8.9 SLR - Summer
    Holdsworth La Quelda - Commuter
    Moda Intro - Winter
    Planet X Stealth - TT
  • Hi

I've had one for about the last 3 months. Its a great bike, but does not have any provision for a front mudguard, so this may rule it out as a commuter. I haven't ridden it a huge amount, but the finish looks good. Paint on the Barelli bars is a bit thin, and was damaged on mine (replacement bars have been ordered by my LBS). I replaced a Genesis Day One Alfine, and this bike is worlds apart. 10lbs lighter. Handles great offroad with the Kenda Kwicker tyres giving fantastic grip offroad.

Hope this helps
  • Thanks to both of you and sorry for the length of time in replying.

After much thought and deliberation the Calore has made it to the final 2. Will be going to see one on Monday and hopefully will be able to get a test ride.

DennisW is there no way to fit a clip on mudguard to the front? also how do you rate the SRAM shifters 'doubletap'
  • DennisW
    DennisW Posts: 10
    Hi

There are no holes or brackets to attach to. It would need something to clamp around the fork. SRAM shifters work well. Just to add, I had a problem with brake squeal on the front. The LBS tried to fix this, but in the end gave up and fitted the new Shimano CX calipers (free of charge, so a big thanks to Bridgtown Cycles). These seem a lot more powerful than the BB7's fitted as standard.