Do BR members run regional cycle tours ?

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited February 2013 in Road general
Some of the guys at work are on other forums and often meet up for various reasons and seem to have a great time, I often hear them talking about it and just wondered if thats the case here, wether there are regional meets (thats the term?) for a get together and cycle run.
Living MY dream.

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Well there is this annual event

viewtopic.php?f=40007&t=12898054

Obviously not local for everyone but it is fairly central.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • That prompts me... Maybe in spring I will arrange something. Probably around Warwickshire/Oxfordshire... Kind of cycling route No. 5 to Stratford upon Avon and back via Edge hill
    left the forum March 2023
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,062
    We used to do reasonably regular social rides, the odd sportive and european trips like the Alps, Pyrenees, Wales :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12659575
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    VTech wrote:
    Some of the guys at work are on other forums and often meet up for various reasons and seem to have a great time, I often hear them talking about it and just wondered if thats the case here, wether there are regional meets (thats the term?) for a get together and cycle run.

cycle clubs do that kind of stuff, I think..
  • I am organising something for the 12 of May... A 100 km ring around Warwickshire. At the moment it is 6 of us on 1980s bikes, but if anyone wants to join in, could be a fun day out on an outstanding course... One of the best rides I know in England.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    100km around Warwickshire, nice.

Damn the date though (I'll be at Donington Park) :-(
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I would definitely be up for that.
    I live in warwickshire and could arrange for food after the run if you like ?

I have never done such a high distance and dont have a 1980'2 bike but it could be something I could work towards.
    Are you local ? I know your location says London SW, just wondered why your doing a warwickshire run.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech wrote:
    I would definitely be up for that.
    I live in warwickshire and could arrange for food after the run if you like ?

I have never done such a high distance and dont have a 1980'2 bike but it could be something I could work towards.
    Are you local ? I know your location says London SW, just wondered why your doing a warwickshire run.

Not local, no... But I have done that ring along the route no. 5 a few times... Very picturesque on a summer day