Anyone here fitted the Fox low friction shock bush kit?

The Spiderman
The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
I need to replace the upper shock mount bush on my Anthem x (with RP23). I`ve ordered a bush removal tool which comes with a couple of the standard DU bushes, but wondered if the new upgraded low friction bush/spacer kit which claims longer life , less friction and easier removal is worth a go?

I`ll stick in the standard DU bush for now and reuse the spacers seeing as the bush is so cheap, but in the longer term this sounds as though it might be worth the investment.

Active sports on ebay is doing them for £18.

http://activesport.co.uk/shop/article_Low%2BFriction%2BBushing%2BKit%2B6-3/Fox-Shock-Low-Friction-Bushing-Kit,-For-6mm-Bolt.html?pse=coa
Anyone used it? Feedback?
2006 Giant XTC
2010 Giant Defy Advanced
2016 Boardman Pro 29er
2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
2017 Canondale Supersix Evo

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    I've had them on my kashima RP23 since the end of summer and they made a big difference combined with the kashima coating, I went up a whole compression and rebound level, from light to medium and now combined with the new bushes its so much better over smaller bumps. My old bushes started to look tatty too and these still look and feel brand new, for the small amount they cost, its a very worthwhile upgrade imo its one of those things that just makes sense, less-friction, longer-lasting and will make a noticable difference to your bike.
  • Thank you lawman!
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
  • I've read some poor feedback on active sport. Anyone know another source?
    Mojo have them but want £28 and that's without p and p.
    I did see a low friction kit on tft but I'm not not sure how they compare?
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    BETD do a needle roller bush kit. Havent used one but BETD kit is usually top stuff.

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/items.asp?CategoryID=231&Name=Fox+Needle+Roller+Bearing
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Definitely never ever buy anything off Activesport aka Mark Anthony Cycles.

TF Tuned do these low friction bush kits:
    http://www.tftunedshox.com/Miscellaneou ... or-Fox-etc

Not Fox ones but I would imagine they perform the same.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    I have TFs heavy duty kits on my bike, they're great.
  • Ordered the TFT low friction bush.The tech guy reckoned that they are pretty much the same as the Fox kit just in a "prettier colour". I was sold!

I`ll let you know how well they go.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4