Race series (rounds)

saprkzz
saprkzz Posts: 592
edited February 2013 in Amateur race
On the calendar on BC web, i notice a lot of races are in a series of races. Like series 1, round 1, Race 1 and will run for a number of weeks.

Can you enter any of them, or do you have to enter the first and race through. Can you race maybe round 2 and 4 only? (for example), or just turn up to one of them?

Thanks

Comments

• Yep nothing wrong with entering 1 race only.

With the series they simply have an overall winner, but is not a requirement that you do enter them all if you do not wish too.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    Yep nothing wrong with entering 1 race only.

With the series they simply have an overall winner, but is not a requirement that you do enter them all if you do not wish too.

Excellent, thanks for your reply
  • You will probably have to pay an extra fee to register for the series though - even if you only do 1 race - maybe £10
  • It depends on the series. Some of them you have to enter the whole series. The entry fee will give you a clue though, if it says £50 then it is for the series if it is only around £15 then you can enter each race individually.
  • wilky27
    wilky27 Posts: 200
    Here's a daft question. If I enter a 4th Cat series with say 10 races and I win my first one, can I no longer compete in the others?
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    If you move up a category after the closing date for a race you have entered, you can still ride but not pick up any points. Presumably your 4th cat series has EOL / no closing date? if so you can't ride. Tell the organiser and they should move you to another race if there is one or refund your entry fee.
  • wilky27
    wilky27 Posts: 200
    It was hypothetical, I was just curious.

Thanks for clearing it up!
  • Should be easy for them to move you up a category as most races tend to be 4/3 and 2/1 or run at the same time.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.