Cleaning shoes

dag_on_a_bike
dag_on_a_bike Posts: 581
edited February 2013 in The cake stop
Not sure of the best place to post this, but over a cake stop seems as good as any.

Tips please, what's the most effective way of cleaning my white Specialized shoes?
There's no such thing as too old.

Comments

• ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Bucket of soapy water, a sponge, a brush and a lot of elbow grease. Repeat many times.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    The dishwasher. Seriously.
  • ben@31 wrote:
    Bucket of soapy water, a sponge, a brush and a lot of elbow grease. Repeat many times.

indeedy - doing it by hand stops the water leaking too.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Wrap a shoe in a towel, stick the towel and shoe in a pillow case, chuck them in the washing machine at 30C on a short wash. The towel is there to stop the shoes from making a racket.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    the most effective way of cleaning white shoes is to stop being a tart and buy black shoes :D

not helpful, I know.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • White shoes! Ooh get you.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    My Sidi's were victim of something I ate sometime before a TT. I went off a little too quick and the Velcro got covered in... well, you know. They have not been right since, its all jammed into the velcro.
    Mind you, my mate did the same in a race and then offered me his seatpost cheap. The acid from the regurtitation caused a distinct oxidisation and mis-colouring of a once beautiful fluted alloy campag seat post. I gave him a fiver and spent the next 4 hours polishing the damn thing. It came up good.
    I'm going to try Bompingtons idea - see us Scots? We know a way around everything. Except Vanessa Feltz.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ben@31 wrote:

+1 on that & I use an old toothbrush too.

You could if they are pretty clean & just need a touch up use some baby wipes are pretty good at cleaning most things.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • canbakay
    canbakay Posts: 282
    as above, dishwasher. tried and trued.
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • team47b wrote:
    the most effective way of cleaning white shoes is to stop being a tart and buy black shoes :D

not helpful, I know.

I can go with that, but the price was right.
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Quick wipe over with a wet wipe does the job nicely.

It also means that you can go and look at preggers burds' norks in Boots when buying them.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    canbakay wrote:
    as above, dishwasher. tried and trued.

What, you straightened out your dishwasher with a spoke key ? Confused.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!