Post Africa

pinno
pinno Posts: 52,196
edited February 2013 in Commuting chat
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• I'll gladly sign a petition, but you don't seem to have included a link to one in your post.
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    spam (poster can't even be bothered to explain it), don't bother clicking on it
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    davmaggs wrote:

Well he isn't actually, good to see someone taking notice of what is going on.

Although yes, he could do with actually posting the link to said petition...
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    I'd say that using a nonsense title in your post, then inserting a link with no explanation is spam. The poster could well be a regular forum user so not a paid scumbag, but his tactics are deliberately misleading or incredibly lazy (don't get me started on lazy clictavasim).

Just because someone has a cause that they think is important doesn't mean that they should be allowed to ruin a forum. Today it's this fool, and then tomorrow it will be an animal campaigner/anti-war/NHS/eco campaigner and so on.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    iPete wrote:
    davmaggs wrote:

Well he isn't actually, good to see someone taking notice of what is going on.

Although yes, he could do with actually posting the link to said petition...
    It looks to me like someone has gained access a regular forumite's account and is using it to post links to a dodgy virus filled website, having nothing but a link titled "Please click on this link" in the post.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Hover your mouse over the url, jobs a gooden! to be fair I only know its not spam because he has raised the issue when talking about Chinese goods in road general...
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    iPete wrote:
    Hover your mouse over the url, jobs a gooden! to be fair I only know its not spam because he has raised the issue when talking about Chinese goods in road general...
    Yeah I know. But when I first opened the thread I just closed it assuming it was dodgy. It wasn't until a few others had posted that I decided to hover and see where the link actually went to.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    The link is to another thread he put in Crudcatcher. I know it's something he cares passionately about and he is not averse to posting reams of drivel in the Bottom Bracket. You'd think a man with so much time on his hands would at least hang around long enougt to explain things a little more so it doesn't just look like spam.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    davmaggs wrote:
    I'd say that using a nonsense title in your post, then inserting a link with no explanation is spam. The poster could well be a regular forum user so not a paid scumbag, but his tactics are deliberately misleading or incredibly lazy (don't get me started on lazy clictavasim).

Just because someone has a cause that they think is important doesn't mean that they should be allowed to ruin a forum. Today it's this fool, and then tomorrow it will be an animal campaigner/anti-war/NHS/eco campaigner and so on.

Fuck1ng hell. Who took the jam out of your donut?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I first thought this was about Sir david and what he was doing next in the world of wild life, then I thought what has happened to Africa, is it still there? luckily google confirmed it was.

I was worried for a moment.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Post Africa?

That's going to be a helluva stamp!
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.