Stockport based weekend riding partner required

Gpfanuk
Gpfanuk Posts: 142
Is there anyone out there based in Stockport that requires a ride partner for weekend rides? I usually find myself out early Sunday morning (no traffic - bliss!) heading out into the Peak district or over towards Congleton and Cheshire's leafy lanes. I am new to road cycling and as such the furthest I have managed is 80km yesterday.
Anyone interested than please let me know...
Muddy Fox Hardtail Circa 1998
Triban3
Felt AR5
ANC Halfords Peugeot (restored and ridden at Eroica 2015)
A box of bits that will make a fine Harry Hall when I get round to it.
Raleigh tandem of as yet unknown vintage - ongoing restoration for Eroica 2016

Comments

• schofie
    schofie Posts: 280
    Hello mate. I'm the Altrincham dude that you replied to. I'll be back on the road for the first time in a while next week. Might be a little difficult for us to coordinate but will keep in touch as soon as I'm heading the peak district way. I do know the Cheshire lanes very well so will let you know when doing the flats.
    Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad
  • schofie
    P.S. what kind of speeds are you averaging on your longer rides?
    Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad
  • Hi, I live in wilmslow and ride out to the peaks most sat morns, with a couple of locals, (pace is medium e.g. Wilmslow to the cat and fiddle in 1:15 - if not windy)

I also join the Macc wheelers most Sundays for thier easy ride, http://www.macclesfieldwheelers.org.uk/easy.php
    Non members are welcome and they are a number of riders that ride up to the Macclesfield start line from wilmslow, poyton, Bramhall etc

I think there is a hilly loop of Alderley Edge next Sunday - pop along
    http://www.macclesfieldwheelers.org.uk/calendar.php
  • schofie
    Hi vroomvroom. I may well just join you on one of those Saturday rides. Will PM you. Not this weekend as probably going up the cat Sunday. Weather permitting.
  • Gpfanuk
    Gpfanuk Posts: 142
    The route was just over 76km and I covered it in 3hrs 43 mins so I don't think Bradley will be too worried! I must add that I don't yet log any of this via a full GPS set up, just a freebie app on my blackberry.
    Muddy Fox Hardtail Circa 1998
    Triban3
    Felt AR5
    ANC Halfords Peugeot (restored and ridden at Eroica 2015)
    A box of bits that will make a fine Harry Hall when I get round to it.
    Raleigh tandem of as yet unknown vintage - ongoing restoration for Eroica 2016