2012 kraken with 1x9 setup help

alan1985
alan1985 Posts: 34
edited February 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I've recently switched to a 1x9 setup using the middle ring only and I've done away with the shifter/ring and fitted a superstar xcr guide, which has stopped the chain getting thrown off on the rocky stuff, the setups perfect apart from the original chain ring bolts.
Taking off the big ring means they're now too big so I've added spacers which means the chain guide has to ride high with cable ties looped through the ceiling/top of the inside of the guide to push the chain back down if it comes up(got around 1-2mm clearance so I've never lost the chain it just looks awful with spacers and cable ties all over the place!
Does anyone have a solution to tidying this up a bit? I've ordered two new sets of chain ring bolts but they're more or less equal in length, managed to loose one spacer with one set but they're an eBay job and I ended up loosing one of four bolts in a ten mile blast at cyb and the other three were hanging off so I've gone back to stock for now-any help appreciated! :-) Alan

Chain set is sram s600 btw :-)

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    single ring chain ring bolts.

img0222ga7.jpg

or a file/grinder/grinding wheel
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Right I'll have to find someone with a grinder! Nice collection of bolts there :-O