RS Recon SL Solo Air Damper assembly

2»

Comments

• hard-rider
    hard-rider Posts: 460
    bykivi wrote:
    Hi,
    so I try to disassemble damper again (bec. I thought about my last opinion and rebound must be OK - I hope :) )

Look at the pictures ...

25767176.jpg
    Hmmm, I definitely don't remember my damper looking damaged like that, no buckle nor the bent square spigot but I'll have to give it another proper look when I get back from my holiday. Yours looks bent a little too is that distortion by the camera lens?
  • bykivi
    bykivi Posts: 7
    It's bent. Picture distortion due to macro is minimal.
    Here is a picture of new one, do bent, no "compression" of plastic in the upper end.
    rockshoxturnkeycompress.jpg

Definitely it isn't a "hydrolock" - (oil in the lower leg), it's a damaged turnkey - compressed :cry:

I'm going to buy a Motion Control - this Turnkey is crappy .
  • lionelrik
    lionelrik Posts: 1
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But I'm having exactly the same problem. Did anyone manage to fix theirs without buying another one? Its been driving me crazy for a week!!!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Well if yours is bent to heck like the photo's here, a new one is the only solution.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • bykivi
    bykivi Posts: 7
    I must agree with The Rookie. New one is only working solution. I ordered Motion Control dumper (for my Recon 2010 - kit code 11.4015.460.020). It is working like charm :-)
    EDIT: On my opinion Turnkey dumper is bad designed and price difference between new Turnkey and new Motion Control kit is minimal, so I would prefer Motion Control dumper. (sorry for bad English).