9 Speed Mech for XTC 2012 Frame

Rozza
Rozza Posts: 75
edited February 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Now then,

I have a new Giant XTC frame that I was wanting to transfer components to from my 2007 XTC Composite frame. The thing is, things have moved on a wee bit. The new press fit BB is on the from Germany, forks were fitted nee bother but my rear mech doesn't seem to fit. Circa 2007 XT, the much seems to be too bulky at the top end and won't fit the frame?

Am I being a biff or do I need a new much? If so I'd like it to be Shimano and it has to be 9 speed. All advice greatfully received.

Many thanks,

Rozza.
Wolf Ridge, mmm bop, XTC Composite, Uncle John

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    should fit fine.

pics of the problem
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Can't see why it shouldn't fit! Any pics of the problem?
  • Rozza
    Gosh that was quick! The threads on the mech seem to be too fat (technical term), so does the top of the mech? I'll try and upload a photo, it'll be my first time so may be a while. Please don't stay in and wait for it, there's ale to be drunk.
  • nicklouse
    threads are the same now as they were when the mech was invented.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Rozza
    Hang on, big bad biff! Too much Theakstons Old Peculiar! Urrrr, I was trying to attach it directly to the frame without the hanger. Gonna order one now, you think the frame would come with one!

Anyway, volunteers required to test ride this rig when built, personal insurance required. I shall accept no responsibility for injury or death.

All the best,

Rozza.
  • nicklouse
    check the box.

normally not attached as they get bent.
  • Rozza
    Cheers Nick,

Just have and no joy. It came with an intergrated HS and all the trimmings but no hanger. I'll order one in tonight.
  • Rozza
    P.S Where the heck can you buy one of these hangers? Any links greatly as appreciated.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Spesh dealer, BETD, Ebay. Lot's of online bike shops.
    The fun is finding the right one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools