Ultra-Ever Dry (Water/dirt repellent coating).

FocusZing
FocusZing Posts: 4,373
edited February 2013 in The Crudcatcher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE

I wouldn't mind coating my bikes/kit in the stuff. I have seen examples of this before, but not as a finished product for sales.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/product ... y/30850572

Quite expensive, but worth it if it lasts.

Comments

• Mike Deere
    Mike Deere Posts: 4,259
    That product link is for just the spray bottles, they don't actually contain any of the superhydrophobic substance.

You have to buy that separately: http://www.ultraeverdrystore.com/products/

You also need to buy both the bottom coat and top coat separately... So the smallest (roughly a litre) cans and the trigger bottles would come to $184 minimum.

I would totally pay that though.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    They want $35 dollars for 2 spray bottles? These guys need to teach Orange a thing or two about selling over priced products
  • FocusZing
    Mike Deere wrote:
    That product link is for just the spray bottles, they don't actually contain any of the superhydrophobic substance.

You have to buy that separately: http://www.ultraeverdrystore.com/products/

You also need to buy both the bottom coat and top coat separately... So the smallest (roughly a litre) cans and the trigger bottles would come to $184 minimum.

I would totally pay that though.

Cheers, sh1t I didn't realise that. I would hope after time it comes down in price with competition.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Wonder what coating your car in that would be like.

Never have to wash it again as well, you can't wash it?
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Just comes down to lifespan I reckon, if it lasts then we're going to see more of it (it'll be very useful industrially), if it doesn't then maybe not.

Love the demo with the pane of glass though!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    They want $35 dollars for 2 spray bottles? These guys need to teach Orange a thing or two about selling over priced products
    Overpriced? How do you know if they're even breaking even? Stuff like this must cost a fortune to develop and research.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I think that would be amazing for treating your riding shoes with
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Overpriced? How do you know if they're even breaking even? Stuff like this must cost a fortune to develop and research.

Or what they could do, is purchase the SPRAY BOTTLES from a supplier and pay a little extra to have their logo put on them
  • FocusZing
    I wonder if it was applied to this it would make it safe to use.

250px-Katie_Price_Jordan.jpg
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029

Or what they could do, is purchase the SPRAY BOTTLES from a supplier and pay a little extra to have their logo put on them
    They probably need specific spray bottles that prevent the liquid from reacting with the material and clogging the spray end of something.

Or we could follow your thinking and assume every company is out to get us and that man never landed on the moon...
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    FocusZing wrote:

That would need several applications on both sides to be safe, and then i still wouldnt
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

That would need several applications on both sides to be safe, and then i still wouldnt
    and look at the trouble you'd have gettimg the scaffolding in to do the job
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp