Ribble R872

Cps
Cps Posts: 356
edited February 2013 in Your road bikes
Yet another - LOL

Shimano 105
Fulcrum 5 Wheels
PRO bits and bobs.

Supplied Built (although I did attach the handle bars and bottle cage)

Comments

• schofie
    schofie Posts: 280
    Looks like we're taking over the place! Looks nice mate. Don't think you're going to get told off about your handlebars like us other two did!
    Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    I've just ordered one. Will put pictures n here when it arrives. What size frame have you gone for? And inside leg and overall height? I'm 5'10" with 81cm leg. I've ordered 50cm. I have a 56cm Spesh Tarmac.

Look nice by the way!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • Cps
    Cps Posts: 356
    Mines a 52.5

I'm 5'11+ 33" Inside Leg

My old bike is/was a 56" Trek
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    i built this little fella for the missus last year as a winter trainer.

viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=12859999&start=0

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12870114
  • Hi guys just a question on sizing please?

I am interested into getting a R872 too. My height is around 5'8.4", when I sent a mail to Ribble the sales replied and said I should get a 50cm. I am using a 53cm road bike and tried 54cm with bike fitters which proves also a good fit.

So does that mean that this R872 is quite a huge frame compared to normal ones?
  • schofie
    schofie Posts: 280
    I'm exactly the same height mate. 50cm is perfect size. The 50cm is because the frame has a sloping top tube meaning a shorter seat tube.
    Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad
  • Schofie wrote:
    I'm exactly the same height mate. 50cm is perfect size. The 50cm is because the frame has a sloping top tube meaning a shorter seat tube.

Thanks very much mate!!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice one... :lol: