Horse in Findus food

finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited February 2013 in The cake stop
I was absolutely gobsmacked to see that Findus products contained horse rather than beef. I'd always assumed it was dog.

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Exactly, if you're going to spend £1.60 on a 360g lasagne, you should think yourself lucky that its got horse in it !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • I nearly got ripped off buying cheese - someone had tried to mask a pony. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mega9
    mega9 Posts: 41
    cheap food will always be high in Shergar
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Sounds like a load of old pony to me :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Lance Armstrong is now backtracking very quickly. Now he claims he never intentionally took horse steroids, he ate a Findus Lasagne.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Shocking. What next? No crisps in their pancakes?
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Or pans?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    nevman wrote:
    Or pans?

Funnily enough yes, I do have pan in my dinner!!! I've just made myself some stir fry and I found little flakes of teflon in it. Tomorrow I'll let you know if I'm still alive.

As for horse in Findus food, it wont harm you so as long as it tastes nice why is it a problem?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    ben@31 wrote:
    nevman wrote:
    Or pans?

Funnily enough yes, I do have pan in my dinner!!! I've just made myself some stir fry and I found little flakes of teflon in it. Tomorrow I'll let you know if I'm still alive.

As for horse in Findus food, it wont harm you so as long as it tastes nice why is it a problem?
    2 reasons. Firstly the drugs that vets are allowed to give to animals destined for human consumption are tightly controlled, where they are not for other animals. So what's to say that one of those horses wasn't given some seriously strong sedative or other drug just before being minced and added to pasta?

Secondly if you buy a "Beef Lasagna" you expect it to contain - let me think - beef. Had I bought a "Horse Lasagna" then I wouldn't complain. If you buy a petrol car and find it has a Diesel engine would you not complain?
  • B&Q have been dragged into the scandal.

Appearently some of their floor coverings have LAMB IN IT .

I'll get me coat.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Can I get cowradish to go with my roast horse?
  • CB has never complained about my baloney pony. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Gonna be a brave man that buys Walls Beef sausages.
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    It occured to me earlier that LASAGNE is an anagram of NAG SALE.

After that it didn't take me long to work out that:

FINDUS CRISPY PANCAKE = U SPY CRAP, DICK, FANNIES