Ribble Stealth R872

schofie
schofie Posts: 280
edited February 2013 in Your road bikes
Alright dudes. This is my beloved Ribble Stealth, or R872 as they call it these days. The photo isn't as artistic as some I've seen on here...

RibbleStealth_zps6ee54253.jpg

Note the little touches of gold bling; skewers, jockey wheels, chainset bolts, valve caps etc. I'm a sucker for anything shiny!

Campag Chorus 10 speed groupset, except the brakes which are Planet X Ultralight CNC
2013 Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels
Oval stem and carbon bars
Deda Superzero carbon seatpost
Fizik Arione saddle (being replaced by Specialized Romin Evo Pro Team edition as it makes my bum sore
Time iClic Racer pedals
Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad

Comments

• styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Wow,

I cant decide if it looks good or shite.

Perhaps a matching black stem and seatpost would make it look better, along with some black tyres.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Another stealth with a weird bar set up?

Rotate your bars up and move the shifters down and you should be able to then reach the brakes and shifters when you're on the drops. You may need a different stem after doing this.

Is it Ribble who set these bikes up or are people self building?
  • I don't normally like white wheels but think they do work with the tyres, hoods etc.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    PeteMadoc wrote:

With my Ribble (http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12903241) the bars came unattached, so i assume people are self building as i did.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    philwint wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:

With my Ribble (http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12903241) the bars came unattached, so i assume people are self building as i did.

Yours my friend is set up perfectly :D
  • the shifters look as if they are fitted alot further up the drops than what is normal, would be surprised if Ribble did that themselves.

but people can set their bars what ever way they want too so thumbs up!

interesting White/Black contrast, certainly stands out. I went the stealthy stealth route with mine
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • schofie
    Interesting feedback thanks guys.

Re the tyres, I hear what you're saying. I already planning on replacing them with black, it was an experiment last year and I don't like it.

Re the bars/hoods, this is a home build and I have played around with all kinds of stem lengths and lever positions. I do a lot of riding in the peak district and spend most of my climbing time either on the hoods or out of the saddle, so this is how I like them best so far. I'm always experimenting though and have to send my right shifter off for a service so might have a play when it comes back.
    Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad
  • Schofie how do you find the handling with those Fulcrum 3's, are they fast/responsive? Also how's the ride overall? Thanks
  • schofie
    The quick answer is that I don't know yet mate. I had an operation on my shoulder in October and since have been limited to the turbo trainer. Will be venturing out in the next couple of weeks so will give you an update when I do. They did top a Cycling Plus review a few months back and I've never heard a bad thing about them.
  • That's a shame u can't get on the road, at least it will be warmer soon,speedy recovery! Bike looks wicked not sure with those white tyres, I'm getting my stealth next week, same wheels with Di2, can't wait!
  • schofie
    You'll love the frame mate, it just demands you go faster. When you've built it up would love to see a pic. Where are you based? If you're nearby to Cheshire we could double stealth up the cat and fiddle :)
  • schofie
    Don't answer that. Just noticed you're from London! No cat and fiddle any time soon my friend.
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Im excited - I've just ordered one. Will put pictures on here when it arrives. Do you like it to ride?

What size frame have you gone for? And inside leg and overall height? I'm 5'10" with 81cm leg. I've ordered 50cm. I have a 56cm Spesh Tarmac.
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • schofie
    I'm pretty much same measurements mate, just slightly shorter. It's lovely to ride, really responsive and fast but also comfortable for those 100s
  • Great frame & forks but the gold bits look tacky imo. Black and white is enough
  • schofie
    Each to their own mate, I like it. Realise now though that I have broken nearly every OCP rule there is so once I've got the black tyres on I'll repost