O'neal helmets

solitone
solitone Posts: 43
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
I'm after my 1st full face helmet, and I'm considering the following models by O'Neal:

- Fury, 100 €
- Airtech AT-1, 130 €
- Spark (not carbon), 150 €

The Spark is the lightest, at 870 grams. The Airtech is the heaviest at 1100 g, although it sells at a higher price than the Fury, which weighs 970 g.

Could somebody tell me the differences of these models, that justify the different prices?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Weight and therefore construction is the main difference and that will be why they are different prices.
    Why limit your search to O'Neal? Fit is very important with full face helmets and different manufacturers make different shape helmets so it's worth looking at other manufacturers like Urge, 661,& Fox as well as O'Neal to find the best fit.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    The fury is very basic and is the same as the 661 comp, I've had one of these for a while. I now have an airtech, it is heavier but it's much more substantial, better made, comfortable etc. it just feels like it offers more protection, it's much less flimsy, more like a mx lid. I'd definitely recommend one over the fury (or 661 comp). I can't comment on the spark, but as with all lids, if it doesn't fit you then it's no good. Try them on.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5