The last WT team to win?

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,176
edited June 2013 in Pro race
The season is underway and 11 of the World Tour teams have registered a win which means seven winless teams remain. Who will be the last team to pop the champagne?

Perennial contenders AG2R are already out of the reckoning thanks to Samuel 'Sneezy' Dumoulin, which leaves Euskaltel as the clear favourites. But will a challenger rise?

Note: I know Roulston has won the New Zealand champs for Radioshack, but I refuse to a) count national championships (who cares if you're champion of Moldova) and b) count New Zealand as a proper country - it's just a low budget, southern hemisphere version of Wales. :cry:
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• That was tougher than I thought! Was going to go for an Euski but there is always the chance of them sneaking a hilly win. Argos was my next choice.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • That was tougher than I thought! Was going to go for an Euski but there is always the chance of them sneaking a hilly win. Argos was my next choice.

You would think that Degenkolb or Kittel would manage to break their duck before that happens. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

You would think that Degenkolb or Kittel would manage to break their duck before that happens. :wink:

I'd say Vaconsoleil would be my obvious choice.
  • Vacan seem to have found a half decent sprinter in young Barry Markus.
    He'd have a brace of wins already, but for Cav.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,244
    Vacan seem to have found a half decent sprinter in young Barry Markus.
    He'd have a brace of wins already, but for Cav.

Garmin seem to have found a half decent sprinter in young Tyler Farrar.
    He'd have a brace of wins if it wasn't for Tyler Farrar.
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    Garmin seem to have found a half decent sprinter in young Tyler Farrar.
    He'd have a brace of wins if it wasn't for Tyler Farrar.

:D

He's finding it hard to transition from speed bump to sprinter.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    I'm surprised that Euskatel has less than half the votes. I thought they would be a lock.

(Yes this is me shamelessly boosting my own thread)
  • Worth boosting Rich, very much food for thought. Looks like RSNT futures have plummeted on BR-Daq as well.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,143
    Euskaltel will definitely get a win at the Tour of the Basque Country in April. They might sneak one in somewhere beforehand. Radioshack need Luigi to be firing on all cylinders soon if they want a win.
  • andyp wrote:
    Euskaltel will definitely get a win at the Tour of the Basque Country in April. They might sneak one in somewhere beforehand. Radioshack need Luigi to be firing on all cylinders soon if they want a win.[/quote]

Perhaps not. As though someone on the team had been looking at this poll and thought it would be a wheeze to pee off the 8 who voted for RSNT, Maxine Montfort's leading the Tour Med GC tonight, heading into the final stage.
  • andyp
    He only leads Boom by a second and Lovkvist by 2" so it's not cut and dried yet.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,411
    andyp wrote:
    He only leads Boom by a second and Lovkvist by 2" so it's not cut and dried yet.

Prescient.

My vote for Radioshack looking safe(ish) again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • INRNG post today on team wins season to date

http://inrng.com/

Garmin's cupboard is still bare. Must be tricky for Vaughters being 'the saviour of cycling' and leading his team to wins
    :wink:

(this is of course means they're going to win everything in sight from now on)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Can take Garmin off too.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,102
    hehe, I looked at that and thought 'wow, 7 wins, Orica Green Edge are having a decent year'. Then I looked at what they've actually won. Hmmm.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Not to defend Orica, but no-one looks THAT good if you look at what the wins are at this stage of the season...
  • DeadCalm
    mroli wrote:
    Not to defend Orica, but no-one looks THAT good if you look at what the wins are at this stage of the season...
    Fair Dinkum. Although I wasn't so much intending to make fun of OGE (enjoyable as that generally is) but more at the concept of a 'Team Victory Ranking' which would give equal weight to winning the, erm, Trofeo Migjorn and the Strade Bianchi. I know I'd much rather have Cannondale's 4 wins than OGE's 7.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    according to frenchie's link Radioshack have a win too!
  • RichN95.
    PBo wrote:
    according to frenchie's link Radioshack have a win too!

See my original post for an explanation of that (my poll, my rules).

(Basically, I'm not counting the New Zealand championships as a proper race.)
  • DeadCalm
    Well it looks like Orica have taken my comments to heart. Two decent wins today.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm
    The Inner Ring puts the win count into context. I'll ignore OGE as I don't want to provoke them into winning more but highlight Lotto-Bellisol who are 2nd in terms of win count and 16th in terms of UCI points.

Oh, and I had to smile at Chrisman's comment.
    Team My Man 2022:

• andyp
    Radioshack have officially broken their duck, Bob Jungels has won the GP Nobili Rubinetterie according to @inrng.
  • frenchfighter
    andyp wrote:
    Radioshack have officially broken their duck, Bob Jungels has won the GP Nobili Rubinetterie according to @inrng.

Part of a four man breakaway for about 170km then the last 15km solo. Very nice win even if the startlist wasn't strong. He also denied Bennati a win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsUTb-A6qQo
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    Euskatel get their first win of the season today.

Well done to the 21 of you who predicted this.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Anyone know which team has the most and least wins so far?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,958
    ^ Check the Inner Ring Blog...he posted an up to date article today.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    Anyone know which team has the most and least wins so far?

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/Vi ... ?year=2013
    Contador is the Greatest