Back on my bike at last after concussion

e17blade
e17blade Posts: 215
edited February 2013 in Road beginners
I have been unable to ride for a month due to concussion after knocking myself out on New Years Eve. Sober, in the middle of the day, in case you were wondering. It has been a difficult and frustrating month, but.....

I finally managed to get back out there yesterday! And what a joy it is to be back zipping around. My bike had been at work since before my accident, so at 5:30 yesterday I kitted up and set off for what I promised to my wife would be a "leisurely ride" home. That didn't last long - within minutes I was flying along. That didn't last long either though - within a few minutes I was totally shattered. It's amazing how you lose your fitness so quickly. It will come back quickly too though.

To cap my excitement off completely, when I got home I had an email from Rose in Germany saying that my new bike has now been dispatched. Sooooo excited!!

After a truly terrible start to 2013 I now have a feeling that it's going to be a really good year.

Have fun on the roads everyone :D

Comments

• elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    nice one matey,its frustrating not being able to get out.congrats on the new bike aswel.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    With the amount of ice warnings about, I'd stay off the bike a little longer
  • Knockout!

(sorry.... but someone had to say it)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    I won't be going out if it's icy - got to be reasonably sensible I suppose! Although if it's icy when my new bike arrives next week I will have to just ride up and down my road carefully for half an hour :)

Gave my current bike an epic clean and mini service yesterday and went out for another spin - it is SOOOO good to be back. Just got to decide where to go this weekend now.
  • Yeah its the best feeling to be back on the bike - looks like were in for snow/ice overnight so probably a day off the bike for me tomorrow though!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.