Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100

Comments

• Lefthook
    Lefthook Posts: 124
    Did not get in either. Dull.

Look on the bright side saves me having to worry about finding a place to stay in London on what will be a busy weekend.

Based on the numbers I saw for applicants we only had a 50:50 chance of getting in, so not that surprising.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Motherf**ker! Didn't get in.

Where's the nearest hardware store. Need to buy me some tacks...
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Never mind, saving myself an early morning start
  • I'm in! Wonder that being a girl may have helped in the ballot...

Woohooo!! Let's ride together! I think being a girl has definitely helped! 100% SCR turnout from the girls. Those boys...
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    edited February 2013
    The charity that I run has got a couple of places (see sig below for details of what we do). If you're interested drop me a PM - it will require some fundraising...

I didn't get in....
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Not even 50:50 afaik.

55,000 ballot entries plus an unknown number of charity reserved places for 20,000 spots.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • I didn't get in either :-(

I suppose I could just cycle the same route some other time. I was looking forward to riding the same roads as the road race with a whole bunch of other cyclists though.

What would the route be like when the roads are not closed?
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • Oooh, just checked and I seem to have got in. That's all the incentive/justification I need for n+1.
    Marmalade
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    I'm in.

However, it's the day after I get back from (hopefully) completing London-Edinburgh-London so I think this should count as quite a good recovery ride.

That'll be 1000 miles in 6 days then.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    You'll have to do an extra 12 or so to make the 1000 tetm!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    pangolin wrote:
    You'll have to do an extra 12 or so to make the 1000 tetm!

By the time I've ridden to and from both start lines I'll be nearing 1100...
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    I didn't get in but have signed up for a charidee place for the BHF. But considering I'm JOGLE-ing in June for them... I should be in relatively good nick in August.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Got my rejection letter today.....

Does this be an annual event?
    Cannondale CAADX 5 105
    Trek T10
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Wahoo, I'm now back in!!!!!

Just need to raise £500 now!
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • What time do you all think you'll do it in? I'm guessing I should be able to ride a 17mph average, dependant on weather, need of food/rest and who I have to ride with!

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I put down 7.5 hours on form.... should be comfortably inside that....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • What time do you all think you'll do it in? I'm guessing I should be able to ride a 17mph average, dependant on weather, need of food/rest and who I have to ride with!

Lawks!

I did my 100 mile sportive at an avg of 15.6mph with a moving time of 6:34:00 but the actual time was about 45mins longer (for food stops)

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/71781927/1500261

(btw - the top speed of 39.9mph was right before a sharp left hand bend where I locked the back wheel up... it took some effort to remove the saddle from my clenched butt cheeks)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Hmm, I may be being a tad optimistic. I was just going by shorter ride times!

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • Well, I've set the wheels in motion towards getting a charity place, but for now I've entered the London Cycle Sportive (was Ride Around London). It's pretty pricey for a sportive, but it was really well organised last year and begins and ends just 5 minutes from my house. :)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    What time do you all think you'll do it in? I'm guessing I should be able to ride a 17mph average, dependant on weather, need of food/rest and who I have to ride with!

Lawks!

I did my 100 mile sportive at an avg of 15.6mph with a moving time of 6:34:00 but the actual time was about 45mins longer (for food stops)

(btw - the top speed of 39.9mph was right before a sharp left hand bend where I locked the back wheel up... it took some effort to remove the saddle from my clenched butt cheeks)

GB's pretty swift. I only beat her time up one of the sharp hills on the commute by a couple of seconds last week, and I was gripping the bars with my teeth at the end and coughing up all sorts. Gave the runners doing hill reps some amusement...
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."

I'd say that with the number of entrants, the limiter will be congestion rather than your fitness level.

I'm not bitter at getting a rejection though. Oh no. Not me. I'm a bigger man than that.

Buggerbollocksfuckshitturds.

ETA: A-ha! G66 1 - 0 BR swear filter.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • I've got to say the, thanks-but-you're-a-loser magazine was a lovely touch :cry:
  • tetm wrote:
    I'm in.

However, it's the day after I get back from (hopefully) completing London-Edinburgh-London so I think this should count as quite a good recovery ride.

That'll be 1000 miles in 6 days then.

+1 It's going to be an interesting week :shock:
  • I've got to say the, thanks-but-you're-a-loser magazine was a lovely touch :cry:

I got a looser-leaflet too....
    Going to pass on the fundraising option as I`m doin jogle in September and will be hassling everyone I know for money then.
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • Ooh, seems I'm in!

Anyone fancy a bit of through and off and going for 5 hours?
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    Didn't get in buggerbumpoop!! I hope it buckets down.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Least I got my consolation £50 jersey. :D It will look good on me once I've lost a stone.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Ooh, seems I'm in!

Anyone fancy a bit of through and off and going for 5 hours?
    I think I may have been a touch, er, optimistic with my predicted finish time so its this or I'm going to get no-where near it.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • cjcp wrote:
    What time do you all think you'll do it in? I'm guessing I should be able to ride a 17mph average, dependant on weather, need of food/rest and who I have to ride with!

Lawks!

GB's pretty swift. I only beat her time up one of the sharp hills on the commute by a couple of seconds last week, and I was gripping the bars with my teeth at the end and coughing up all sorts. Gave the runners doing hill reps some amusement...

Haha! It's a case of the quicker I get up there, the sooner it will be over!

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS