Chas Bland

squibnocket
squibnocket Posts: 207
edited November 2015 in Track
Hi all waiting to take ownership of a Chas Bland track bike (my first) browsing the web I can't seem to find any info on the bike. I'm going tom respray/ rebuild the bike up I'd like to put some original decals on or at least get a set made up.

Any help to trace picture of the mentioned builder and his bikes would be great thanks.

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    AFAIK Chas Bland is a frame builder from Long Ashton in Bristol and TBH you'll be lucky if you can find any info online about him. When I knew him he raced in the vets category in CX races and put the younger riders to shame. If you give Argos a call they might be able to assist you in getting some decals.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Thanks for your help much appreciated
  • he is still quite active on the bike wears shorts all year !!! and still lives in long ashton, i see him some mornings on the way to work.
  • If you get chance ask him to pm me .....lol I think the frame could be made from 753 or Columbus it's a really light frame, unfortunately it's had a re spray at some time in its life and identification decals have long gone.
    I'm going to give it a complete overhaul should make a nice bike when finished.
  • as said chas lived in long ashton bristol. sadly he just passed away..i used to do all his spraying when her first started frame building some years ago and he was a true gentleman and a close friend. he will be missed by us all
  • as said chas lived in long ashton bristol. sadly he just passed away..i used to do all his spraying when her first started frame building some years ago and he was a true gentleman and a close friend. he will be missed by us all
    Hi there, I am Charlie's niece, Juliette. Its so lovely to hear him referred to as a gentleman. He was, truly! Also he was always jolly and happy to spend time with us as we were growing up. Couldn't wish for a better uncle! His funeral is on Thursday 5th November at 1pm at Bristol South Crematorium. Nice to know he is getting a sort of ethereal bike past!