Derek

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
edited February 2013 in Commuting chat
What a great bit of TV.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Do you know him?
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • Sad to say I just didn't think it was that good.

But there you go comedy is subjective and some like it and some not.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I havent watched it, i'm not sure that I can.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Last week was crap, this week was slightly better.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    It's utter shite. More and more Gervais's show seem to be all about giving jobs to his mates... some of whom are unable to act.
  • It's utter shite. More and more Gervais's show seem to be all about giving jobs to his mates... some of whom are unable to act.

Haven't seen this weeks one yet but...

Are you referring to Karl 'the K man' Pilikington by any chance? Cos while an idiot aboad is contrived crap, i thought in the first episode of Derek he outshone the rest of them by miles. Who knew he could act? Put gervais to shame in my opinion.

The series seems like its one long slushy bit from the office- but i'll give it a chance to win me round- can't judge it on one episode really.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I thought all his shows were shoite from The Office Episode 1 onwards.
    But what do I know. :?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • What I want to know is when is he going to get back together with Clive?

NSFW
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    daviesee wrote:
    I thought all his shows were shoite from The Office Episode 1 onwards.

+10
  • iPip
    iPip Posts: 90
    Most of Gervais's more recent stuff would be far better if he stopped trying to act in it himself.
    Regards
    Pip

Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Hybrid Comp
    Voodoo Bantu
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Tried watching last week's, and this week's. Both times, I ditched it about 10 minutes in. It's rubbish.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Not sure I'd agree that Derek should be a 10. But I'd certainly have given her one :wink:

bo-derek-10_i-G-54-5487-FVQKG00Z.jpg
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Quite like it, not a massive fan of gervais in general, but quite amusing. Probably the most accurate portrayal of an Autistic bloke in a british TV program I've seen.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    The more of Gervais I see on TV the more I realise what made the offcie good was the acting of his supporting cast. the man is overated and sadly believes his own hype
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Preferred the first episode tbh but this week's was more 'emotional' (ie: the stuff about ages and the montage on the credits of the old people thinking about when they were young).

Do like pretty much anything Dougie/Karl says though - it's all in the delivery. Last week's rant at the council guy was superb.
    Specialized Allez Elite 2011 *NEW*
    Specialized Sirrus Elite 2011
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Not sure I'd agree that Derek should be a 10. But I'd certainly have given her one :wink:

bo-derek-10_i-G-54-5487-FVQKG00Z.jpg
    No chance mate....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game