My new Dedacciai Pista!

whitebait01
whitebait01 Posts: 610
edited February 2013 in Your road bikes
Hey all,

Just thought I'd show off my new bike!

I bought the frame and fork late last year from wiggle, thinking I'd build up my first track bike. Slowly bought the bits (a mixture of new and second hand) when I could afford them and I've finally got the thing built, with a little help from an old friend who now manages a bike shop!

The frame is lovely now, but it needed the BB shell facing and the thread chasing, head tube needed facing and the seat tube needed reaming, as the post would only go in about 2 inches... Wiggle agreed to reimburse me for the reaming, which was nice.

I've found that as the seat tube is 72.5 deg, it feels like I'm sitting too far back over the BB so I've now stuck an inline seatpost on there, just a cheapo thing, but I'll be getting hold of a Deda inline post as soon as one pops up at a reasonable price...

Here she is:

2cNgrxC.jpg

3A1oZQY.jpg

B7D4ZHy.jpg

01xtcIc.jpg

PS - The bar tape is definitely red, not pink!

The spec is as follows:

Frame and fork: 2011 Dedacciai Pista 64cm - apparently made of Dedacciai Zero Replica One 25CrMo4 tubing
Wheels: V-Sprint Miche sealed track hubs and Weinmann 30mm rims
Crank: Stronglight 2000
Chain: Wippermann
Stem: Deda Zero 90mm
Brake: FSA Gossamer
Brake lever: Cane Creek carbon aero lever
Bars: Profile Airwing OS/Deda Pista
Aero bars: Profile Team Clip on
Headset: Deda sealed bearing (supplied with bike)
Seatpost: Deda RS01, now replaced with cheapo BBB inline seatpost until I can get a Deda one :)
Saddle: Selle Italia SL XC
Tyres: Schwalbe Blizzard 23c
Pedals: Shimano A530 pedals (for now!)

Comments, suggestions, questions and complaints are encouraged!
Ribble Audax - FCN 5
Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3

Comments

• Nice bike. How tall are you!? 6ft 7??
  • Close, 6'6" :)
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,314
    Well done for getting it built up! I prefer the look of the drops, were they too low?

Shame the frame came in need of such a lot of work! It is a gigantic looking bike :)

I confess I don't like the pink tape :wink:

What GI does it have at the moment? I got V Sprint wheels for my pearson, they have been great so far.

What will you use it for? Commute duties or fun?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin wrote:
    Well done for getting it built up! I prefer the look of the drops, were they too low?

Shame the frame came in need of such a lot of work! It is a gigantic looking bike :)

I confess I don't like the pink tape :wink:

What GI does it have at the moment? I got V Sprint wheels for my pearson, they have been great so far.

What will you use it for? Commute duties or fun?

It's not pink! :evil:

It's running 48x16 at the mo' GI is 81 according to Sheldon Brown's calculator and between 78 and 82 elsewhere.

I've only had the time to take it out for one ride so far and it was great fun. First ever ride on a fixed gear bike though, so a few dodgy moments where I forgot to pedal... Therefore no commuting on it just yet, I'll be having a few gentle weekend rides on it to get used to the thing, then try to get down to Herne Hill for the newbie track induction sessions in March and commute on it when the weather's a bit nicer.

Basically I've got drops and bullhorns, I'm thinking bullhorns for the road and drops for the track. Only takes about 5 minutes to switch between them. And the aerobars were just 'cos I got 'em cheap and they turned up at the same time I was back at my parents building the thing...
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Looks nice. Mine is still "mid-build" which it has been since last year. It will be used for commuting duties so will brake it front and rear. Going (like you) with the deda gear, but it came with a black fork which I'm going to swap out for a carbon fork for a bit more comfort.

Like you, I need the seat post reaming (which Wiggle have also said they'll pay for), so I'd better get the BB faced and chased. Already fitted the headset (gulp!) so hope that is ok....

Mine will be littler, but may not look a lot different from yours - will post it here when done (next year at current rate of progress).....
  • mroli wrote:
    Looks nice. Mine is still "mid-build" which it has been since last year. It will be used for commuting duties so will brake it front and rear. Going (like you) with the deda gear, but it came with a black fork which I'm going to swap out for a carbon fork for a bit more comfort.

Like you, I need the seat post reaming (which Wiggle have also said they'll pay for), so I'd better get the BB faced and chased. Already fitted the headset (gulp!) so hope that is ok....

Mine will be littler, but may not look a lot different from yours - will post it here when done (next year at current rate of progress).....

Haha, good luck with getting it finished! What carbon fork did you go for? Quite tempted by the £60 Columbus Tusks on ebay at the mo'. I was thinking about getting a rear brake on there as well if I end up commuting, got the brake and lever for it.

I found even after the head tube got faced it feels slightly rough, might just be a case of letting the bearings bed in or whatever - or could just be that the supplied headset is crap? Anyway, looking forward to seeing your build!
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Nice, shame about that pink tape though, would look better with red.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Nice, shame about that pink tape though, would look better with red.

:shock: :evil:
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Perhaps put some Rapha stickers on it, they use pink and black too.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy wrote:
    Perhaps put some Rapha stickers on it, they use pink and black too.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3