Red light jumping p*ick

cookeeemonster
cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
edited February 2013 in Commuting chat
Yes you.

You who jumped the red light at the vauxhall bridge junction southside this morning.

You who forced me to do an emergency stop cos you were too much of a fuc*ing selfish, ignorant d*ck to obey a simple rule.

You who gave me a sheepish look, didn't apologise and then f*cked off.

You and your kind are a c*nt.

That is all.

ps. was on my vespa as I woke up late. If I was on my bicycle I wouldn't have been able to stop in time.

Comments

• I got beeped at last night for being a RLJing tosser... except that I wasn't RLJing.

As I crossed the stop line the light turned to amber and thus there was no way to stop in time/safely. However, as the junction is quite large it was red by the time I was passing in front of the 2 cars coming the other way who were waiting to turn right... and the first one beeped me. Muppet.
    Hairy-legged roadie ( FCN 4 )
    Occasional fixed ( FCN 6 )
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Should be going faster then Mr S!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • :)

I've calmed down since my first post thankfully...just really annoyed me at the time. The lights must have been red for at least 10 seconds when he decided to jump them and he he was going at full pelt with tunnel vision meaning he didnt see me until I was frantically braking.

Funnily enough the only other similar RLJ incident I've had in my 16 years on the road came at exactly the same point at that junction about 2 years ago - some old codger in car...again tunnel vision, except he didn't see me at all despite my beeping. Came very close to chasing after him but glad I didn't...
  • ...he was going at full pelt with tunnel vision meaning he didnt see me until I was frantically braking.
    Wait, so a motor vehicle (albeit ridden by a cyclist) nearly got SMIDSY'd by a cyclist? There's a kind of cruel irony there...
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Mr Sharky wrote:
    I got beeped at last night for being a RLJing tosser... except that I wasn't RLJing.

As I crossed the stop line the light turned to amber and thus there was no way to stop in time/safely. However, as the junction is quite large it was red by the time I was passing in front of the 2 cars coming the other way who were waiting to turn right... and the first one beeped me. Muppet.

That's potentially justified depending on the sequence. Plenty of junctions I know without right filters so if the road is busy, the only chance you get to cross is on the change having waited for two or three complete sequences to get to the front of the queue. Damn irritating then if people who are going straight on cross on orange. Not saying you were wrong to keep going - just that it is potentially understandable that a right turner would be frustrated by it.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Yes you.

You who jumped the red light at the vauxhall bridge junction southside this morning.

You who forced me to do an emergency stop cos you were too much of a fuc*ing selfish, ignorant d*ck to obey a simple rule.

That is all.

ps. was on my vespa as I woke up late. If I was on my bicycle I wouldn't have been able to stop in time.

Cyclists, eh? They're all the same...
  • Yes you.

That is all.

Cyclists, eh? They're all the same...

Thankfully not! :)
  • ...he was going at full pelt with tunnel vision meaning he didnt see me until I was frantically braking.
    Wait, so a motor vehicle (albeit ridden by a cyclist) nearly got SMIDSY'd by a cyclist? There's a kind of cruel irony there...

Not really. Never smidsy'd anyone before in my life. Been the victim a couple of times unfortunately, including one by an uninsured twunt who put me in hospital for a week.

dont matter what you drive/ride, there are idiots about and they deserve a hell of a lot worse punishment than they get.

The uninsured guy who put me in hospital for a week and in outpatients for 3 months and who lied to the police got a £50 fine by the way.
  • Not really. Never smidsy'd anyone before in my life.
    I have the distinct impression you misunderstood what I wrote. I wasn't having a go at you. Never mind.
  • Not really. Never smidsy'd anyone before in my life.
    I have the distinct impression you misunderstood what I wrote. I wasn't having a go at you. Never mind.

yeah I probably did - my apologies :)