20 minute climbs near Plymouth

Froomes Edgar
Froomes Edgar Posts: 359
Anyone know of any climbs that'll take 20 minutes or longer (at about 4.2w/kg)? Ideally relatively steady i.e. no or few downhill sections, and no traffic lights our roundabouts where I might be forced to slow down or stop.

Best I've come up with so far is the hilariously named "Pork Hill" out of Tavistock towards the unimaginatively named "Two Bridges".

Comments

• frosty99
    frosty99 Posts: 115
    pork hill is a ten minute climb. the next hill up to princetown is another ten min climb but there's a downhill in the way I'm afraid. there's a decent climb up the Tamar valley from the bridge at gunnislake and kit hill from Luckett might be about 15. abit further afield haytor is 20-25 mins
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    It's a fair ride from Plymouth to get to it but get to Dartmeet, then steep climb up to Poundgate, then follow road down into Ashburton.. Good 20 mins of climbing each way, sections of 25% and more.. rinse & repeat..
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I was going to suggest gunnislake to Callington which I think has a best climb mention? Another one I haven't tried is on the Callington liskeard road from a single lane bridge all the way up to the turn for pensilva at st ive