Bad first time with parcel force!!!!

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited February 2013 in MTB general
Sold my mtb last week and sent it of using parcel force the bike was well packed in a bike box (cardboard) it was well bubble wrapped

The bike was received today to someone from here and the box was in a rite state! The frame was chipped and the stem was poking out the box with no bubble wrap on it at all
With paint chipped off and marks all on it

Bearing in mind I paid best part of £40 to send the bike on a 2-3 day delivery
I expected it to be treated with some respect!

They will be getting a email and call in the morning about this!!!
Now I have to sort the buyer out some money for paint damage!
Use a well known company and pay high prices to get it delivered in a state!

Has anyone else had bad experiences with parcel force!
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• Yes, Parcelforce deliveried a pushchair that had been snapped in half, actually in 2 separate parts.
    Look 566
    Dolan Hercules
    Genesis Flyer
    Sintesi 707
    Genesis Aether
    Charge Plug
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I was once held up by a Parcelforce truck. Just for a minute or so but I got really annoyed and decided to tell everyone so you can all avoid Parcelforce trucks.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    That's probably why when buying a bike from Canyon and similar they put it in a seriously sturdy box
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I presume you paid for the insurance? Make a claim; they'll sort it out.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    it's not just parcel force. royal mail have lost a package that i posted last week...it was ina bloody huge box! at least your got there :lol:
  • JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    Had a bad experience with them before now, I nickname them Parcel Farce, more accurate.

I was having something delivered next day delivery as it was important to have quickly. Called them 2 or 3 times in the day to check where it was as it was urgent.
    Third time I called they said it'd been delivered... no it hadn't, I was in the house, nothing here, and no missed call note or anything.
    Long story short I had to wait 5 days for them to sort it out, missing out on what was important cos they fucked up. In the end the driver was unable to find my house so just stuck it through another house on the street and went home.
    After 5 days of pissing about to get it sorted he came to my door and asked me not to make any complaints about him. If you don't want me to complain do your fucking job, don't get lazy, give up and go home. Was not happy, still avoid us Parcel Farce to this day. If their drivers have put in no effort and have no respect for peoples property why would I?

Royal Mail are no fan fair of mine either though, they recently lost a £250 package that I sent first class. Granted I know a good amount of this is my fault. If it was worth so much I should of insured it but at the end of the day I was the one who paid the price, not happy again but prefer them to Parcel Farce.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:
    I was once held up by a Royal Mail truck. Just for a minute or so but I got really annoyed and decided to tell everyone so you can all avoid Royal Mail trucks.
    FTFY specially.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sigorman85
    Yeah in process of making the claim
    I have to down load a form because they couldn't do it over the phone and I don't hold a account with them so didn't have a ac number to file the claim on line so the only other way is to down load there form and post it off just to drag it out even more

I sent the buyer £50 out my own pocket for damage as I would be p1ssed off big time so only fair but when the claim hoes through I will sort him out some more

I will never use parcel force again considering this was the first time I have used them and never will again!!!
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Other than DPD I reckon they're the best out there these days. Not perfect but a good balance of price and service, generally.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I've used Parcelforce loads of times. Must have sent at least 5-6 different bikes/frames through them, plus loads of wheels, forks etc. Never had a single issue. They collect within the timeframe they say they will, and deliver within the timeframe I pay for.
    Paying £25ish to have a bike picked up from my house, taken to their IOM depot, shipped to a hub in England, then distributed out to the buyer is not too bad imo.

Plus I'd never be foolish enough to send something expensive without making sure it was insured accordingly (not aimed @ op obviously).
  • sigorman85
    Well I won't be using them again first impression is a big thing and there's is shocking so I won't use them again

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I've used parcelforce loads of times (easily in the double figures) and never had a problem, they're much less of a pain to deal with than most other courier companies in my experience. Just make sure you insure anything expensive and you'll be fine.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • I had a bad experience with Parcel Force when one of their drivers nearly ran me over. They didn't even bother to respond to my complaints. So they can get ****** as far as I'm concerned.

Not that this helps you. I'm just spreading the love.
  • If your not happy with Royal Mail or Parcelforce then fuck off and use a rival. Good luck with the postage.
    Voodoo Hoodoo
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I was sent a parcel by Parcel farce and 2 days later I got an email to say it could not be delivered as I wasnt in. Unfortunately the depot is in Livermore California not Liverpool England but hey 2 days is pretty damn good for delivery from London to another continent even if its the wrong continent.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    If your not happy with Royal Mail or Parcelforce then fark off and use a rival. Good luck with the postage.

You dont happen to have a black and white cat do you :lol:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • sigorman85
    If your not happy with Royal Mail or Parcelforce then fark off and use a rival. Good luck with the postage.

Alright mate calm it down you idiot!

• sigorman85
    stubs wrote:

You dont happen to have a black and white cat do you :lol:

Brilliant