You may already be a winner

anothersam
anothersam Posts: 5
edited February 2013 in The cake stop
Greetings to all cycling forummers from Not Another Cycling Forum. The time has come for another contest. Write the best caption for this photo

goldguy.jpg

and have your caption appear on the same thread as that photo. What prize could be sweeter? But wait, there's more. I will personally photoshop a NACF jersey with your head on it (you supply the head).

head.png

This has been posted on multiple forums both in a spirit of interfora harmony and to ensure the widest possible net has been cast for the best captions. (Note that NACF is what it says on the tin; this is not a membership drive.) Winners will be announced after the last entry has been received. Thank you and good evening or whatever the time of day is when you read this.

Comments

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Dudley Moore statue unveiled.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Olympic Gold medal winner Bradley Wiggins felt a little overdressed when spotted shopping in Stoke yesterday.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Royal Mail gets it badly wrong when told to paint Sir Wiggo's box gold.....
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • ArdyOCD
    ArdyOCD Posts: 136
    Rod Stewart, the next british cycling prodigy aiming for gold? Maybe not.
    1-2-3-4 Tell me what you're looking for
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    The full horror of losing that last round of truth or dare finally dawned on Willy Wonka. He had no choice but to buy those Cornish pasties wearing all of the Jimmy Savile memorabilia he had so brazenly "won" in last years' auction.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    anothersam wrote:
    goldguy.jpg

The I'mstill Gold cobbles prove too tough for some riders.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Dave misunderstood a Road Buying Advice thread stating "You can get an extra 10% off at Wiggle when you become a gold customer".
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • The winner has been announced in our house organ, but I won't keep you in suspense: it was Boris Johnson. There is no truth to the rumour that the London mayor was only chosen because I happened to have a clean head of his lying around. A jersey tailored to Mr Johnson's physique was not available at the time of going to press.

2nd prize is shared between hippy of LFGSS for "I use a fisheye for this shot fella," judged favourably for its technical merit, and rhb, also of LFGSS, who was very fast off the mark with "Lesson: don't piss off your powder coater."

Hippy gets this .jpg certificate, which grants honorary credentials to teach frisbee. I have a small supply.

frisbee.jpg

rhb is free to claim a meal at Tibits, a veggie eatery. Just tell staff you've participated in the NACF 'golden man' caption competition and I'm sure they will accommodate you. [Note: if the cashier appears to reach for a button underneath the counter when you attempt to redeem your prize, you might want to dash out the exit, which is fortunately close to the registers.]

Honourable mention goes to everyone who took part, including jordan_217, Cornerblock, ArdyOCD, Blacktemplar, dmclite-3.0, Mr Goo, gaz, Ray, 661-Pete, Audax67, Mick F, Canardly, Eccentrica Gallumbits, clockwork_killa, adroit, Aroogah, cliveo, ParryMan, Rod Munch, blue fleet, marcom, Jonerfun, wiganwill, sumo, and Plastic Pedals. RonB of BikeRadar, this one's for you. Jogler of Yacf led me to Cycling Cartoons by Dave Walker via the Falmouth Wheelers, which was nice, and Si of CTC prompted one last bit of (admittedly crude) photoshopping:

bradleygold.jpg

Finally, happy new year to those using the Chinese calendar. Live long and prosper.