Which hand do you use?

Levi_501
Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
I am contemplating the purchase of a Gravity Dropper Turbo LP seat post for the 8500.

However, I am unsure whether to go for RH or LH lever; obviously you have to choose one or the other when ordering.

My current forks do not have a remote lock out lever, but they may do in the future.

For reference, I am right handed and use a pair of 3x9 XTR gear levers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    I'd assume left hand, as if you ever go to single-ring drivetrain you won't have a shifter on that side at all, and that hand has less to do anyway, even if you're running a triple ring setup.

never used one, though, so it's all hypothetical.
  • It's personal taste. I had a right hand which I liked as it meant I could drop the seat whilst doing an emergency dab of rear brake in 'unforeseen' situations. When building new bike, could only get a left, felt odd at first but got used to it very quickly
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No idea whether it's the same but a lot of people who buy Reverbs buy the opposite lever and mount them on the bottom of the side they want to stop them breaking when you crash or turn the bike upside down.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Left hand has less work to do - it's where most people seem to have their fork lock-out. Also you might want to be able to work it while dropping a couple of cogs at the back, which would be tricky if it's on the right
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er