Where can i buy a Fox Float DRCV rear shock?

trekclimb1954
trekclimb1954 Posts: 16
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi , i've gone to all the bike sites i know but i'm still unable to find one.

thanks in advance

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You could try some Trek dealers.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    The DRCV fork and shocks are joint Trek and Fox design only available on Trek bikes. As far as I know only place to get one is through Trek. Its not available as an after market product.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    ^^ this. You may manage to get one through Trek, but I'd not hold out much hope.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Also I'm not what sort of performance you'll get out of it if not used on a Trek bike designed to run the DRCV shock?

Does the suspension system need to be designed to take account of the DRCV characteristics? Or can you jsut plug it into any system and the DRCV system works as intended?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's designed to work with Trek's rear suspension and specific to that particular model. I don't think they will physically fit in other bikes.
  • i've got a Gary Fisher Roscoe, as stated the drcv was designed to fit Trek/Gary Fisher bikes.
    I managed to shear through the one of the top retaining bolts!!! i thought that was me done, hence the assumption i needed a new shock.
    But an engineer friend has removed the sheared off bolt and my local shop (where i bought the bike) has got a stock of the bolts, good old KMB.
    Thanks for all the info given. :D