Are we dead ?

pinno
pinno Posts: 52,090
edited February 2013 in The cake stop
The yewman race (as my friend from Birmingham says), is it doomed ?

Some eclectic mix of examples chucked in any old how.

We rape the seas and whats worse is that now they are using plankton for animal feed. Plankton is key to marine life. The seas are being tested globally becuase they are discovering that it is becoming more acidic and less alkali probably due to acid rain, carbon dioxide, polution. What sort of ticking time bomb is that?

We are deforesting for methane producing livestock with feed footprints that are ginormous. There is a port built south of Sao Paulo running currently at 1 quarter its capacity in anticipation of future use; soya bean shipping, mainly for livestock, again.
Deforestation is also occuring at an alarming rate - re.: Indonesia for example, to produce 'bio' diesel (an oxymoron if ever there was one). It is estimated that if all the worlds forest was cultivated for palm oil, it would provide less than 6% of global demand.

etc etc

Technology is not providing us with the answers that was anticipated and I don't think it will. I presume that whilst there is enough oil, there is not a critical mass or financial incentive to find the technology to solve some major problems.

So you are still awake ? I wonder how long we actually have?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• We have ages - those with a greedy capitalist mindset are just a small tumour on the planet - nature will remove them - capitalism has failed which is why we're not being shown social change thats happening around the globe - the underground movements are on the move, have faith and say hello to the new dawn. :D :roll: :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    If you wait long enough then all species are doomed.
    We are probably okay for a couple of generations though. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • There's a big rock out there with our name on it. Passes within the geo-stationary satellites orbit on the 15th feb. (ie very close) not gonna hit this year.....
  • How are you to bring about true revolution? What is the power, the creative energy that brings about that revolution and how is it to be released? You have tried disciplines, you have tried the pursuit of ideals and various speculative theories: that you are God, and that if you can realize that Godhood or experience the Atman, the highest, or what you will, then that very realization will bring about a fundamental change. Will it? First you postulate that there is a reality of which you are a part and build up round it various theories, speculations, beliefs, doctrines, assumptions, according to which you live; by thinking and acting according to that pattern you hope to bring about a fundamental change. Will you? --Benny Hill 1976--
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.